what to look out for in a used LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimme789

Reaction score
I am going to be looking at a used Lonestar Classic this weekend. Can anyone offer any tips on
what to check and what to watch out for as far as typical issues on
these amps ?

I believe Mesa makes a high quality product, so I am optimistic that buying used
really should not lend itself to problems with the amp.

I bought a use Lonestar Special a few years back. I'd suggest getting the original receipt to show proof of purchase date as Mesa will warranty up to 5 years from date of purchase with the receipt.

I ended up needing work on mine 3xs. But that's the Special not the Classic.

thanks for the idea, but the amp is over 5 years old anyhow, I bought a used one. Very nice amp.

I would check the condition of the tubes. The power ones especially. Go buy some new ones! Tube failure = fuse blown = No Sound. I just like "getting inside" with your (some one that knows this amp... Mesa Repair Person) and let them have a look around. If the person before you took good care of it... it should serve you well. I had to grab a set of tubes once GTs. They worked...I didn't think they felt like Mesa tubes. I did have a problem when I ran the tube rectifier... blowing! There was a bad batch of them at Mesa. I prefer the response of the SS rectifier.

Latest posts

Back