What to do while waiting...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Fore

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has a second amp that used to be sitting around and, since having to wait so long for your Mark V, have dusted it off and plugged it in. I did this with my Soldano SLO today. I let it warm up for a couple hours and then started chugging away and, holy crap, it sounded good! Since the SLO's loops are ***** Im only using an OCD out front with nothing in the loop (not even DELAY! AAAAHHHHHGGGHHHH WHERE'S MY BLANKYYYYYY!!!!) and I'm afraid I like the simplicity of this rig and plan on using it at the next gig. Two channels, insane tone... no extra rack or pedalboard. Mesa might be doing some damage by not shipping these things out as soon as they should have.

Is anyone else going with plan B? I'm still waiting for the Mark V to arrive... I'm just not as enthused as I was yesterday.

I felt the same way. I was buzzin with GAS when I was at namm this year,but as the weeks wore on, I lost interest.
Then I finally got word my pusher had one in stock,thought about it for a short time,but the GAS gave in and I made the move and have had no regrets since.

Hey!

If anyone is in the southern Connecticut area, there is a
Mark V combo at G Guitars in New Haven (as of 2:00PM Sat 5/16)
I'm waiting for a head. Almost changed my mind, but after
waiting 4 months, whats another couple weeks!

Thanks for the tip! I just picked up that combo from G guitars... just a few days of waiting now....

HB

actually found out its a floor model so I cancelled the order.... going to wait 3 weeks for new one.....

HB

yeah -- I'm sure it's fine but I had a bad experience in the past with a lone star special that was a floor model --- eventually had to wait for new one. So I wait.... Doesn't guarantee perfection I know.

Latest posts

Back