What setting improves pinch harmonics in a Mark III?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flip33

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a red stripe Mark III head simul with EQ/reverb. It sounds good to me, but when I played my Traynor YCV50, I noticed I can get easier pinch harmonics at high gain settings.

I can get some, but its harder on the MIII.

Is there anything to make pinch harmonics jump of the fretboard?

Thanks for your ideas.

flip

On most MK III's it's hard to stop them. I just think of John Sykes when I fire mine up. I just use the old Chinese preamp tubes and the **** thing just screams.

Here are my settings:

l_5f7c87756f63a704a64d7774784e2de5.jpg

I find that it is harder to hit them at lower volumes. My tip for you is to use the pull shift on the treble so the lead channel becomes more alive.

My pinch harmonics sounded kind of bad on my Mark IV before. I turned up the treble a bit on the channel EQ, turned down the bass a bit, and then boosted the bass a little bit on the graphic EQ. They sound much better after that.

Its been a while since I messed with those shift knobs.

The pull shift and pull treble really improve the pinch harmonics. I can do them easily with different textures. The gain increased too.

Thank you. This is great. I auditioned for a band last week with my little Peavey solid state because it was very informal, but I'm bringing the Boogie rig tomorrow!

I find that I have to work harder to nail good pinch harmonics on my Mark IV than I do using a solid state. Just gotta KNOW that you are gonna nail em.

I think mark III's pinch like hell but not as crazy as ENGL amps.
I think on every different amp you play you need a little different technique to get good sounding punch harmonics. Some need more vibrato on your lefthand playing, I seem to find.

Latest posts

Back