What pedal does your ED love the most?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunizzi

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I love the way my ED plays so well with pedals. I've owned other amps along the years which really didn't take too well to some pedals. I'd like to hear what pedals you guys are loving with this amp.

Here is my current setup in order from input to output:

TC electronics Polytune=> Boss GE-7 Equalizer=>Wampler Pinnacle (or) Wampler Plextortion=>Ibanez Tube screamer=>Boss CE-2 Chorus Moded with the Monte Allums mod =>Boss DD-3 (or) MXR Carbon Copy Analog delay.

On any given day I will sawp out the Wampler Pinnacle or Plextortion depending on what tones I need. The same goes for the Boss DD-3 and MXR delay pedals.

I will use my MXR Analog Delay when I need more warmth, and I will use my Boss DD-3 when I need those spanky clean repeats!

What about you guys?

I try to keep as much out of the signal chain as possible. The amp itself has so many tonal variations (3 of them footswitchable), plus footswitchable reverb and/or assignable reverb, I rarely feel the need to mess around with adding anything. My experience has usually been that that best tones come from the theory of keeping it simple.

Now with that being said... :lol:

I have an older Fulltone OCD (V.3), that works really well in front of all three gain channels of the Electra Dyne. With the gain on the OCD the lower portion of its range, it adds a usable boost, no matter the amp settings.

formisano said:
I try to keep as much out of the signal chain as possible. The amp itself has so many tonal variations (3 of them footswitchable), plus footswitchable reverb and/or assignable reverb, I rarely feel the need to mess around with adding anything. My experience has usually been that that best tones come from the theory of keeping it simple.

Now with that being said... :lol:

I have an older Fulltone OCD (V.3), that works really well in front of all three gain channels of the Electra Dyne. With the gain the lower portion of its range, it adds a usable boost, no matter the amp settings.

+1 on the signal chain and the v.3 OCD pedal. I also use a reverb footswitch and SED EL-34's. Together with the OCD, this will cover a lot of sonic ground.

Guys,

I agree with you with the idea that going right into the amp sounds the best. But the question is not if using pedals sound better than going direct into the amp. Its which pedals sound the best with this amp.

Just wanted to clarify!

Thanks

Providence stampede overdrive through the blue channel, epic lead boost!

I'm really digging the sound of my Tech 21 Leeds pedal on all 3 modes. It helps me get some very authentic Hiwatt sounds combining this pedal with the ED. The Line 6 M9 does really well as far as providing all my needed effects. It's such a fun head to experiment with!

I just completed a Monte Allums mod on my Ibanez TS9 and it sounds killer with the ED! I was almost sure I wouldn't like the sound once the mod was done but boy was I wrong! I think its become my favourite pedal with the ED now.

My Klon works GREAT in front of it! I set it to really push the front end tubes, and also (mainly) to add that extra mid-presense that it is famous for. It makes the amp come alive.

I actually didn't like the OCD v.3, added some mush i thought. I prefer the Xotic BB Preamp or the BB+. The BB+ is really great since it's like 2 pedals in one and you can stay on the blue channel and use the pedal to go from Rhythm to lead.

danyeo1 said:
I actually didn't like the OCD v.3, added some mush i thought. I prefer the Xotic BB Preamp or the BB+. The BB+ is really great since it's like 2 pedals in one and you can stay on the blue channel and use the pedal to go from Rhythm to lead.
I shouldn't read posts like this. Now I'm GASing for a BB+ bad.

I had a BB+ and I didn't care for it with the ED. Personally, I think a TS style pedal is better suited because the gain voicing in a BB is very similar in character to the ED- and it compressed too much. Its a great pedal no doubt- and built like a tank, but not a good marriage with ED. Of course *my* grail tone is subjective, YMMV. I recently started playing with a VS Route 66- and am really blown away by the OD side. I liked it enough to sell my maxon...and that pedal had the most longevity on my board. Plus the compressor side is very nice as well. At its price- it is the best value on the market. But don't take my word for it- try one.

Laskyman said:
I had a BB+ and I didn't care for it with the ED. Personally, I think a TS style pedal is better suited because the gain voicing in a BB is very similar in character to the ED- and it compressed too much. Its a great pedal no doubt- and built like a tank, but not a good marriage with ED. Of course *my* grail tone is subjective, YMMV. I recently started playing with a VS Route 66- and am really blown away by the OD side. I liked it enough to sell my maxon...and that pedal had the most longevity on my board. Plus the compressor side is very nice as well. At its price- it is the best value on the market. But don't take my word for it- try one.
I appreciate the objective input. I'm currently using a Fulltone GT500. It works really well when dialed in with a slight mid boost which come to think of it is more like a TS curve. I'm still gasing for a BB. I bet the BB would sound great with my Matchless.

The BB would be a great match for **** near any amp, but the gain voicing is just too similar to the DYNE for me to have on the board. Just my $.02...

Laskyman said:
The BB would be a great match for **** near any amp, but the gain voicing is just too similar to the DYNE for me to have on the board. Just my $.02...
I appreciate you voicing your opinion. That's what I signed up for!

Latest posts

Back