What other poweramps do you guys use?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnrthx

Reaction score
Hey there, does anyone use any other poweramps besides the mesa 20/20 2/100 etc. ? Im thinking of buying one soon but im currently looking for something that would fit the "budget" :lol: I was thinking of picking up a VHT but the price was just :shock:

Any suggestions?

There are particular combos with which many users have been happy... like i.e. Mesa Studio Pre + Peavey Classic 50/50, which is quite cheap

thanks guys, i have a mesa Rectifier Preamp so im guessing any guitar poweramps are compatible with it (im very new in the world of tube preamp and poweramp :oops: )

@cvansickle
the poweramp looks **** sexy... but do you know how it compares to any mesa poweramps?

Not sure what you are after and for what purposes, but this is my current rig; I had a Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo, but me being a non-giggin player this amp was just to heavy and to loud for me and my wife and my neighbors. A good friend of mine gave me a old Peavy Bravo 1x12 combo that is all tube (el84's) and is only 20 watts. I love it. It's the first amp that i have ever had that didn't need pedals out front to goose it into submission. I'm running it through a 4x12 cab and it's all good. Today i ordered Tolex, grill cloth, a new handle and corner caps. I'm having a head shell made for it. Don't tell anyone but i'm having it built to look like a Mark II) hee hee sneaky laugh.

nice one sling,

well what im after is to have a decent sound with other poweramps in a budget instead of the mesas as they are very expensive :D

gnrthx said:
thanks guys, i have a mesa Rectifier Preamp so im guessing any guitar poweramps are compatible with it (im very new in the world of tube preamp and poweramp :oops: )

@cvansickle
the poweramp looks **** sexy... but do you know how it compares to any mesa poweramps?
Well, I use my Carvin TS100 to power the wet side of my rack rig. I take the effects send from my Mesa Stiletto Ace head into a few rack effects, and then to the Carvin in stereo for a pair of Basson 112 cabs. The Stiletto hits a 412 cab completely dry.

I've never A/B compared the Carvin with any Mesa power amps, but I can tell you that the Carvin and the Stilleto compliment each other quite well in my rig.

Latest posts

Back