What is this!!!!???? Mesa Transatlantic !!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plan-x said:
You had a baby! :shock: That's gotta hurt :lol: Congrats. Looks like your gear purchases will be slowin down. :wink:

I've had to sell a bunch of stuff too. :( But the baby makes it's all worth it! :D

Kiteboarder said:
Hi Damon,

Any more news? How are you liking it so far?

I suppose you have another thread on this one. Do you?

-Danny

No, I've been on vacation... haven't had time to properly assess. Jury's still out. I'll update soon.

Ok.... I sold the TA.

Main reason: it was a really badly-timed impulse buy, which I knew at the time but did it anyway... sometimes you actually have to see the money hemorrhaging out of you to really understand what's happening. Or I do anyway. So when I got the car repair bill just after committing to buying the amp, I knew I was about to enjoy a Learning Moment. Oh well. :lol:

But I probably would have kept it if a) I didn't already have a super-badassed amp in my LSC, OR b) I had been able to properly bond with it. It was close. But I could not quite get what I was after with it. It's possible that the C90 is really NOT the right speaker for it. The Blue Dog was better, but still not quite *there* enough for me. It actually gave me a fair amount of ear fatigue, trying to get what I was after... the LSC just makes me happy instantly.

And: The TransAtlantic is a LOUD muthafukah, even at 5 watts. Makes me appreciate how much play I get out of the LSC's volume controls... it doesn't seem to jump the way some other amps I've played have. So contrary to my expectation, I was not really getting the goods at a noticeably lower volume than my Lonestar... it was even harder on my ears, to tell the truth. It's possible the tubes were a little funky, but I'd decided the wiser path was to just get out of it before I invested a bunch of money trying to get it there, when I didn't really need it.

Anyway, it's gone. I didn't take a bath on it, and the good news is I turned around and spent less than half the take on a guitar (incoming Hamer Echotone -- I actually DO need a semi-hollow :lol: ).

djw said:
Ok.... I sold the TA.

Main reason: it was a really badly-timed impulse buy, which I knew at the time but did it anyway... sometimes you actually have to see the money hemorrhaging out of you to really understand what's happening. Or I do anyway. So when I got the car repair bill just after committing to buying the amp, I knew I was about to enjoy a Learning Moment. Oh well. :lol:

But I probably would have kept it if a) I didn't already have a super-badassed amp in my LSC, OR b) I had been able to properly bond with it. It was close. But I could not quite get what I was after with it. It's possible that the C90 is really NOT the right speaker for it. The Blue Dog was better, but still not quite *there* enough for me. It actually gave me a fair amount of ear fatigue, trying to get what I was after... the LSC just makes me happy instantly.

And: The TransAtlantic is a LOUD muthafukah, even at 5 watts. Makes me appreciate how much play I get out of the LSC's volume controls... it doesn't seem to jump the way some other amps I've played have. So contrary to my expectation, I was not really getting the goods at a noticeably lower volume than my Lonestar... it was even harder on my ears, to tell the truth. It's possible the tubes were a little funky, but I'd decided the wiser path was to just get out of it before I invested a bunch of money trying to get it there, when I didn't really need it.

Anyway, it's gone. I didn't take a bath on it, and the good news is I turned around and spent less than half the take on a guitar (incoming Hamer Echotone -- I actually DO need a semi-hollow :lol: ).
I had a feeling it would be loud.. The Mark V with the FX loop bypassed is insanely loud at 10 watts. The output volume knob is key to great sounding low volume tones.

Hey, this thread is mostly my boogie board friends, so I'm derailling it a bit...

I'm giving away a power supply. Thought you guys might be interested in signing up...

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50032

Later... -Danny

I am new to the board but love my TA-15. I am running it thru a closed back AVATAR cab with a 12 inch celestion 75th annv.

Sounds great and I never really miss the loop. I run an electro-harmonix holy grail reverb and a cry baby wah (jerry cantrell model) with no issues. I am looking to get a simple boost/OD pedal for some more sustain during solos.

My favorite channel is the HI1...very british sounding. I did hear the "buzz" associated with these on channel one on the 15 and 25 watt setting...however, it seems to be getting less of an issue as the amp breaks in. Is that possible??? Maybe I am just used to it. :p

I would love to try it thru a 4x12..... :mrgreen:

The winner has been announced!! Check it out here:

http://dannycruz.com/2010/09/06/win-new-sanyo-eneloop-pedal-juice-guitar-effects-pedal-rechargeable-power-supply/

Done with derailing this thread! -Danny
:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back