what is the ultimate MESA rack setup

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RectoRack.jpg

Mine is :lol:

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

Can't go wrong with a Studio / 295 combination, awesome clean sounds and plenty of gain on the lead channel.

I just use an analog overdrive / distortion for the rhythm stuff. (TC Electronics NovaDrive and a Marshall Guv'nor)

simul 2:95 or Coliseum 300 / studio or quad pre or triaxis

or

simul 2:90/triaxis

or a ractifier is cool too. the 2010 rectos have a nice clean tone.

or get your favorite Mark series and dump it into a rack mount kit.

scott

Here's mine, other than a foot controller no pedals needed :mrgreen:

DSC02305.jpg

Triaxis
ADA MP-1
Lexicon PCM42
Lexicon PCM91
TC GForce
Eventide D/SE
GT emulator for direct box/mix control
Mesa Coliseum 300
Two Marshall 4X12 cabs mid 1970's with scumbacks

that's an awesome setup! I always wanted to check out an MP-1. that's gotta weight 100 lbs!

scott

Yeah the downside is the weight, it needs to be rolled around. The MP-1 sounds great for metal and just ok for rock or clean stuff. The 300 is excellent, gives a lot of fullness and bottom to the sound.

Well you can go a couple different routes. The rack size is a important consideration.
Now if you don't need to transport the rack anywhere you can go as large as you like and fill in the gaps as you go.
Many people streamline their racks down to essential components to keep the weight down. You can also split up some items into smaller rack cases to make them easier to transport, like possibly a power amp.
A triaxis, 2:90 and a fx processor can fit in a 4U case which is fairly small in rack terms.
It's still going to be heavy but that's a pretty powerful rig in a small package.
Here's some gear I weighed recently...
Triaxis 10.25  1U
Mesa 2:90  33.5  2U
Quad 23  3U
Dual Rectifier rackmount 30  4U
Hush 5 1U
Furman 10.5 1U
Tuner 4 1U
Voodoo labs gcx 5.25  1U
G force 5  1U

my ultimate rack setup would be, a mesa coliseum, a racktifier, a recto recording pre, a strategy 500, a quad preamp, and studio preamp, and a rack mount mark V, and have a couple of FX processors. of couirse it would weigh like 250 pounds :lol: and have like 6 cabs, but it would be worth it. :mrgreen:

zodiac272 said:
Can you get a rack mount kit for a Son of Boogie? 'cause that would be awesome!!

scott
if its a short head/1x12 combo that is 17". yes you could rack mount it

japster said:
Mine is :lol:

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

Can't go wrong with a Studio / 295 combination, awesome clean sounds and plenty of gain on the lead channel.

I just use an analog overdrive / distortion for the rhythm stuff. (TC Electronics NovaDrive and a Marshall Guv'nor)

Dude thats lovely! I have a 295 and Quad - sounds amazing!

I think I remember you having problems with a quad a while back didnt you? Did you get that sorted in the end?

This one:

I used to have a much larger Rack.

Still have a Rocktron Piranha, an Engl 530 and a Peavey Rockmaster lying around somewhere

This just works for all my needs.

Latest posts

Back