What is the "STR number"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelus

Reaction score
All my mesa amps have 6l6 on them, but my DR has a STR 440, my DC- 5 a STR 420, my Mark IV has two 440 and two 420, and I just bought a few STR 427. If they are all 6l6, whats the diference between them? Thanks for the help.

there is a tube guide chart floating around somewhere on mesa's site. Basically its where the tube is made and what sort of model of 6l6 it is. Eg 420 is made in china 440 is made in russia and china too. And the 415 made in usa.
As long as they are matched don't worry about them.

That chart is out of date for the EL84 information. Mesa uses Sovtek EL84 tubes now.

Here's the current one:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/TubeReference/TubeRefGuide-06.pdf

gts said:
Rocky said:
That chart is out of date for the EL84 information. Mesa uses Sovtek EL84 tubes now.
Yes it's older and includes SOME Tubes Mesa no longer has for sale.

As for the EL84's what are you talking about?????
It states Sovtek.

EL84/6BQ5 Russia - Sovtek

This little brother to the EL-34 is a European classic that lead the English invasion - Tight and aggressive yet smooth and wark with an amazing chiming mid and top end - Brilliant focus with a frequency response that always brings your guitar to the front of the mix - This tube is true to its classic roots and is extremely consistent and reliable

I meant to say that the US made ones are no longer available...thus the list is out of date.

I wish they were still available....

Latest posts

Back