What is the Mark IIB worth?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHysteria

Reaction score
60 watts is a bit too much for my use, so I am thinking about a 30 watt tube amp max. How much is the IIB worth if I were to trade it?

I'm looking at some of the Fender 65s, Mesa F-series. Anyone have other opinions on other amps in the same league as the Mark IIB?

I got mine for $800 2 years ago. (60 watt, no EQ, no reverb, black tolex). I've seen a loaded 100 watt Mk IIB priced at $1000 recently. Add a few hundred bucks if it wood & wicker. I live in the midwest, where stuff is cheaper. They seem to add a few hundred bucks on the coasts. I've also seen one at $2000, which I think is far too much.

If I was going to replace mine, I'd get the Lonestar Special. I think it cops the Mark I - IIB lead sound pretty well, & is a bit easier to use.

D

Dirt123 said:
I got mine for $800 2 years ago. (60 watt, no EQ, no reverb, black tolex). I've seen a loaded 100 watt Mk IIB priced at $1000 recently. Add a few hundred bucks if it wood & wicker. I live in the midwest, where stuff is cheaper. They seem to add a few hundred bucks on the coasts. I've also seen one at $2000, which I think is far too much.

If I was going to replace mine, I'd get the Lonestar Special. I think it cops the Mark I - IIB lead sound pretty well, & is a bit easier to use.

D

That's pretty high. Is that $800 in usd?

Because I live in Canada.

Dirt123 said:
TheHysteria said:
That's pretty high. Is that $800 in usd?

Because I live in Canada.

Yup, 800$ American.

D

How are you liking it?

I just played with it again. The lead channel is nice and I am getting a good clean. Maybe the crappy sound came from my cheap guitar. I am now using a Korean strat and it sounds nice.

By the way, I am using a Boss GE7. I dialed in the 'V' shape, but I'm getting better cleans with the GE7 on. The distortion isn't good with GE7 on. Is this normal?

I'm liking it plenty. I'm still discovering ways to use it. Some days I like it better than others. Lately, I’ve' been playing with a new sound (for me). I set the Vol 1 to 10, treble to 7, bass to 3.5, mid to 2.5, presence to 5. It gets a good grind. for lead boost, I switch on the gain boost & lead channel, with the lead drive set to 5.

I don't know about the EQ, I don't use one. Maybe somebody else does?

Back