What is the going price for a Quad these days?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grindliner

Reaction score
Hey guys, I found a Quad locally, I think he may be a bit high on his price, so I'm just checking before I make an offer.

He says he thinks he has a footswitch for it.

grindliner said:
He says he thinks he has a footswitch for it.

Hmm.. ''thinks'' he has the footswitch??? .... he might not be too bright if he doesn't know this for sure so perhaps you can cut a really good deal... :twisted:

European prices were around 500 euro last time I saw one... (approx 700 USD)

Good luck!

well, I do see that the last two on fleabay sold for $800, and there's one currently listed with no foot switch, plus a Midi Octopus for $950 BIN (I bet it doesnt sell)

The local shop said $750, but I may just offer him $550 citing the bluebook.

Or maybe I might just blow my wad and get the IIc which could be a c+ I just found. But I really have no desire to drop 2K on an amp.

I got mine for 5000 norwegian Kr. That is around 850$ at the current exchange rate. Got the FU-2 (best footswitch name EVER!!!!) as well. Note that this is Norway, the most overpriced dumbass country in the world. So if you can get it for around 500 bucks or so, buy it. You won't find one of these any time soon. I'd also recommend you check the footswitch is the right one as well, cause without one, you won't be able to use the quad.

That's a very profound statement. But I must tell you that wolves do not prey on the idiotic, they prey on the weak. Now, I know you're not about to commit to the idea that the weak are idiots....or are you?

Well you also have a category of people called "the misinformed ones"
Say...a guy who heard that Mesa Quad is a really good preamp cause he saw it somewhere and he desperately wants it. Those who sell em prey on the poor kid's desperation and he ends up buying something that isn't even worth it.

Also the (in)famous C+
The difference in sound seem subtle compared to a Mark IV or a Quad or studio for that matter and there's a slim chance that you will EVER get to sound close to Metallica or Dream Theater with one of those unless you have a fat bank account like those guys to invest in all the gear like the amps, the guitars, special mics, mixing consoles, equalizers, compressors, and God knows what else. I guess it takes time for all that to sink in, and yeah I've been there.

I think were getting a bit off topic now.

Sure someone bought a quad for $400 (albeit not recently I'll bet, unless it was from a buddy, or someone on craigslist who had no idea of it's worth), people probably have bought them for less.

when was the last quad sold here on the board? how much did it sell for?

look at the Studio pre, plenty of people score them for $350 to $400, but if you look in the completed listings on fleabay, most often times they go for $450-$550. Someone got really lucky this past Saturday and scored one for $316.

This dealer does have a known history of qouting very high prices, I think he's playing the wolf to see if someone is dumb enough to buy it. I had to tell him I thought he was smoking crack when he wanted $400 for a H&K Cream Machine.

As far as the dealer asking $750 for the quad, I don't necessarily think he's too high on the price, he's probably at the upper end. He's not like the *** that thinks his used Mark IV is worth $2500 because they're now out of production.

As for quads, there were probably far less produced than the studio, and many think they sound better, therefore you don't see them that often.

Times change and markets fluctuate. there is supply and demand.

old thread - but fyi - just picked up a Quad w/footswitch for $400. It has original tubes and everything, is in decent to good shape and sounds good. It does seem to have a few issues - channel B output is not consistent, footswitch lights all lights sometimes - but I will work those out hopefully. This is a beast to get my head around.

IF ITS THE FU-2A VERSION GO FOR IT...MOSTLY ALL THAT'S ON EBAY ARE THE FU-2 ....THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE. I JUST BOUGHT MY LAST ONE FOR 800 WITH NEW TUBES.....ITS THE LAST VERSION WITH THE FU-2A FOOTSWITCH SECTION.... THE FU-2
VERSION HAS ALWAYS HAD PROBLEMS... HOW GOOD IS A FOUR CHANNEL AMP IF YOU CANT CHANGE THE CHANNELS...I REMEMBER 12 YEARS AGO THEY WERE FLOODED ON EBAY FOR 175 WITH FOOTSWITCH ...

Latest posts

Back