What is the funniest thing a noob/beginner has said to you?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MF said:
i think the problem arises when a n00b shows astounding ignorance in the face of experience and defends that ignorance even going so far as to insult the more experienced player.

ignorance like that deserves to be called out and embarassed :lol: .

btw, some of these stories are great. even after 12 years of playing i'm still very much a n00b in many respects and i try to be very humble in my opinions and accept advice wherever i can get it.

Agreed completely.
I've played for 7 years and I still find new stuff every day. It's all about being honest and respectful when you don't know something... and not being a cocky jackass who thinks they know more than they do.

I remember clearly being at a gig years ago where the guitar player is a friend of mine and so good that it would nearly make you give up playing.

Well for some reason which I forget he had to borrow the backup band guitar players guitar.

He was playing the whole night fiddling with the pickup selector and the volume and tone controls and after the gig while I was at the bar with the guy who owned the guitar said to me "that guitar player is awesome,did you hear the way he was adjusting the guitar the whole way through to express different notes,my guitar sounded so good I cant believe it"

So after the gig I spoke to my friend about all the fiddling with the controls and asked him what he was doing and he said to me "that guitar was the biggest pile of **** I have ever played and I was just trying to get one decent sound out of it that I could use"

meursault said:
I later found out that the Marshall cabinet didn't have any speakers in it.

:mrgreen: amazing :mrgreen:

Here's what's even more amazing;

He had it plugged in.

I watched him set it up and plug it in, but didn't get to hear him fire it up and play through it. The soundman had the Fender combo mic'd up, and I asked him why he didn't mic up the 4x12.

He said "I tried, but I wasn't getting anything from it. I messed with everything before the kid told me it didn't have speakers in it"

FAIL

I had a noobie ask about pickups I told him about single coils and humbuckers , and then he told me I was crazy and he was going to get a guitar with a " triple coil humbucker"

AustinK said:
I had a noobie ask about pickups I told him about single coils and humbuckers , and then he told me I was crazy and he was going to get a guitar with a " triple coil humbucker"

You're the noob. :lol: They do make those http://www.kosakuworld.com/guitar/alvarezdana.jpg

Man, I haven't seen one of those in years...

I think back in the early 80's, Hamer had a guitar w/ a triple coil pickup in it as well...

MESA AMP 2K
INTERNET SERVICE 20.00

BEING CALLED A NOOB ON THE FORUM.......PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

HA HA SWEET I AM GOING TO GET A TRIPPLE BUCKER

I knew that there are triple coil pickups, because I borrowed a guitar book many years ago. There was a picture of a triple coil pickup. The pickup was called motherbucker!

Latest posts

Back