What is the deal with the new BUGERA heads?!?!?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still feel in the end that you still get what you pay for.

When I was finally ready to get a stack, I had considered the B52 ATs, but finding a used mesa single recto for the same price...the decision was simple. Imitation just doesn't cut it in the world of amps these days.

I agree with you. But For that price i would jump on someting like a Madison er even a B-52.
yeah...imitations suck...

Bchewdown said:
I still feel in the end that you still get what you pay for.

When I was finally ready to get a stack, I had considered the B52 ATs, but finding a used mesa single recto for the same price...the decision was simple. Imitation just doesn't cut it in the world of amps these days.

I agree with you. But For that price i would jump on someting like a Madison er even a B-52.
yeah...imitations suck...

honestly the b52s arent that bad.... one of the guys i knew in college bought one as a back up for his dual rec and after replacing the tubes and doing a few mods (his uncle repairs and mods amps for a living) that amp rocked.... also he bought one of their cabs and replaced the speakers with v30s and i couldnt tell the difference between the sound of my recto cab at the time and his b52 cab with v30s..... he put together a pretty awesome halfstack for under a thousand.... actually he still has it today at his rehearsal space.... his theory is if anyone ever steals it atleast it wont be his dual rec

699!!! ffs you could buy a JCM800 for that price...even if you dropped it of fthe back of a truck it would still **** over this burgera ****. Jcm800 or even 900, Peavey classic 50.....of all the good sounding, reliable amps out there for dudes on a budget i still cant believe people spend their money on garbage like this, crate, line 6, etc.

i tried one of these at the local music store last week, the lead channel doesnt seem like tube distortion. the clean is good.

My local mom&pop store is getting them in next week Monday !

Can't believ it as it will be the first valve amps that they will stock - EVER !

I got invited to the "opening-day" of the new affordable tone monsters, and will report back after a day of very loud clone-tone playing !!!

Jack

Bchewdown said:
man, my guitarist is getting a Bugera half stack called a 333XL, I don't really know anything about these other than they're sold by Behringer and made in China?!?!? He can't stand the recto sound so he buys a BEHRINGER?!?!??! let me know what you guys have to say about these
amps....this should be fun..

I do believe the 333XL is a clone od Satriani's JSX and not the 5150 clone !

http://www.bugera-amps.com/index.cfm?showMainPage

http://www.bugera-amps.com/_01/product.cfm?productName=333XL&groupName=Guitar%20Valve%20Amplification - 333XL = JSX clone

http://www.bugera-amps.com/_01/product.cfm?productName=6262&groupName=Guitar%20Valve%20Amplification - 6262 = 5150 clone

Jack

Back