What is the best complement to my Triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jays23

Reaction score
Hi,
I already have a triaxis(not the version with recto)
and was wondering which mesa amp will complement best.

I'm hesitating between Lonestar head , Roadster Head, Dual rectifier head 3 channel and Mark V?
I know triaxis have some Mark.

I love the clean tone of the lonestar

May someone can help me?
Which combo would give me the best versatility?

Thanks

When you ask what the best compliment to your Triaxis is, I assume you mean a power amp.
The new 2:Fifty is a turd...avoid it. The old 50/50 Stereo has the most bottom end of any power amp I've ever heard. The top-end is real fat. They have great old school tone. The 20/20 will get you GNR, The Cult, Rancid, border-line Metallica tone. But the only power amp for the Triaxis is the 2:Ninety Simul-Class. There is a 295 Simul-Class, a 395 and the Strategy 400. The 400 has 16 power tubes @ 200 watts per side. The 2:Ninety is my personal choice partly because eight power tubes is enough to deal with.
If your talking Amp-Heads. Hmmm.... Mark V Boogie, Mark III Red Stripe, Mark IIC+. The Fuchs Viper has great Rhythm tones. The lead sound has a little 70's overtone I've been avoiding since the 70's.
Anyway, nuf said.
Peace

I could be wrong but I think the OP is saying if you could have one other Mesa amp to put next to your Triaxis rig what would it be.

For me I would want a amp that offers a true contrast to the Triaxis tonal palate.
That contrast would come in the form of a Roadster or Roadking Head.
Ya get an additional 12 preamp circuits to play with and have 4 on tap at any given time.

dbone said:
I could be wrong but I think the OP is saying if you could have one other Mesa amp to put next to your Triaxis rig what would it be.

For me I would want a amp that offers a true contrast to the Triaxis tonal palate.
Ya get an additional 12 preamp circuits to play with and have 4 on tap at any given time.

I'm thinking more for a roadster than a roadking head because the difference of price, when you said get additional 12 preamp circuit, what do you mean exactly?

Thank

dbone said:

I'm thinking more for a roadster than a roadking head because the difference of price, when you said get additional 12 preamp circuit, what do you mean exactly?

Thank

Each channel on the roadster has 3 core sounds to select from and there's 4 channels
That's 12 tone circuits. These recto sounds are totally different than you Mark based Triaxis so you will be adding diversity to your tone arsenal

+'ing up on the Roadster as well. The Triaxis would fit quite well paired up with a Roadster. Something I intend to pair up with both of my Mark III's. The more I keep hearing Roadsters lately the more my 'check engine' light keeps coming on.

~Nep~

Latest posts

Back