What I'd like to see in the Mark IVC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFW

Reaction score
I wish that they would take out the external switching relays and make the amp midi compatable. This would allow you to change all the functions without having to buy an amp switcher. That would be cool. Running one cable back to my rack, instead of 4... :wink:

I wouldn't change anything, this amp begins to have a vintage vibe (it is from 1989/1990) and it's perfect has it is ! but it's my own point of view :wink:

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:02 pm Post subject: What I'd like to see in the Mark IVC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish that they would take out the external switching relays and make the amp midi compatable. This would allow you to change all the functions without having to buy an amp switcher. That would be cool. Running one cable back to my rack, instead of 4...

+1

Antoine said:
I wouldn't change anything, this amp begins to have a vintage vibe (it is from 1989/1990) and it's perfect has it is ! but it's my own point of view :wink:

Yes, the amp is perfect... but I wish they would build on the concept. allowing midi control would make the amp even better. That way you caould switch all of your effects and the channel at the same time.

SFW said:
Antoine said:

Yes, the amp is perfect... but I wish they would build on the concept. allowing midi control would make the amp even better. That way you caould switch all of your effects and the channel at the same time.

SFW -- the MKIV(B) is a great amp but I have not (been) brainwashed enough to state the amp is "perfect", LOL:

- Flobbiness of the bass EQ above 2 or 3 (I know the graphic EQ is the way to go, by the way do other amps have a similar EQ config as MK4?)
- Price (I got a great deal so this does not really apply to me)
- Weight (applies to me!)

adding here: I have read a lot about versatility of MK4 and that you can get 100s or thousands of different sounds from it, that may be true but how many really useful tones the amp provides? At least in my case it is three, I use different channels for different overdrive sounds - clean, semi clean and overdriven and I cannot say I have 10 or 100 great settings for it.

Part of the thing of course may be my cheap guitars, jazzy playing style, limited skills, lack of effects, etc...

The midi control would be nice... Soundwise the MK IV is perfect for me... I really only need 2 or 3 sounds at a time. To complete my dream tone I'll only need a RoadKing for some heavy rythm at certain momments.

I'll be a happy guy when I can gather:

Mark IV Head + Roadking Head + 4x12 Recto Trad. + TC G-System + 2 EBMM.

Can't agree anymore than the rest of you guys..

In fact, I ordered a CFX4 and Mark IV cable a few hours ago.

That's probably the only thing wrong with the amp.

Instead of calling it a Mark IVC, they should just make it an option to replace that chasis slot with a Midi input, I don't care if I have to pay some extra $, those midi inputs really save the day.

Well, instead of reinventing the wheel, Mesa should try using more midi channel changing.that would be a step forward even though it would make the amps more expensive to build and buy. But Egnater and Engl have been doing this for years without sacrificing tone.

The Mark 4 was one of the first channel switchers that did a great clean and high gain along with a decent mid gain.I don't want Mesa to mess with the tone of the amp.

I think that they chould leave the Mark IV alone and maybe make a Mark V that is more modern sounding and has the midi implementation. I don't mean modern as in Recto but something that gets a tad bit gainier without losing tone and maybe gets a little cleaner too. I also think that when they do they should drop the pricing of the Mark IV so I can afford to get a new b. I like my a but wouldn't mind having a b. I think that they should also make a reissue of the old 2x12 vertical and 4x12 cabs that were 1/2 open. It would be nice to get those also.

Latest posts

Back