What FX r u using w/ yer IIC+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndsquared

Reaction score
I just got an H2O chorus/delay pedalI plan on usinmg the dry out to my IIC+ and the FX out t o the return of my Seymour Duncan convertible...haven't used it yet but I hope it's a nice warm analog sounding combination of chorus and delay...I also have a Rocktron Xpression I'm thinking of using in my loop for verbs and octaves...

Any one using either of these? Any thoughts on FX in general?
I know there's an FX forum, but I never really get any action over there...

I'm using an Eventide Timefactor with mine. Great delays with a bit of chorus here and there - all I need for a fantastic sound really.

I use nothing in the loop, only out front. I don't want any degradation of the beautiful tone coming from my IIC+.

In my FX loop I'm using a GE-7, a Ibanez DE-7 and a EH Holy Grail. I also have a boost in front end for when I want to kick it up some, and also a Barber Tone Press for extra flavour/sparkle at times.

Phil.

ndsquared said:
I just got an H2O chorus/delay pedalI plan on usinmg the dry out to my IIC+ and the FX out t o the return of my Seymour Duncan convertible...haven't used it yet but I hope it's a nice warm analog sounding combination of chorus and delay...I also have a Rocktron Xpression I'm thinking of using in my loop for verbs and octaves...

Any one using either of these? Any thoughts on FX in general?
I know there's an FX forum, but I never really get any action over there...

I also have a H2O pedal, that I use with my MarkIV.

It sounds great for clean tones. I like the sound of the chorusing of it when I run it with high gain- it's very nicely lush and rich, but unfortunately the bottom end thunk gets a little bit diminished, even when running the dry out to the amp, because the Delay Time control slightly acts as a tone filter on the dry signal.

Still it sounds better in front of the amp than in the effects loop.

I'm still trying to work out the best method to use chorus stuff with my MarkIV, for high gain. I've worked out that I don't like chorusing in the effects loop. The only time that I do like using chorus post-distortion, is by running the MarkIV's Slave Out to an EQ pedal to darken the signal a bit, and then send that to the effects return of a Roland Jazz Chorus 120, with the chorus switch turned on.

I'm thinking of running the H2O with a volume pedal after it to act as a level control, where all that runs in parallel with a completely dry signal, and then combined and sent to the MarkIV's input. I hope it works.

Back