What does the Red R at the power chord signify?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mk III has a blue stripe and a little R written under it..

this mean's it's a blue stripe with the reverb modd

or

it's a MK III R the rarest amp mesa have ever made..they only made 21!!..

or i am starting a price boom for mkIII's with the reverb mob..ahaah

Was this mod done before the amp left the factory or was it shipped back after purchase?

My 6/90 Green Strip was done at the factory, but still had the R. It's possible that it was done at a later time, but you would have to call Mesa with your serial number and see if there is an RA or Repair Authorization on file attesting to some repair or upgrades. I called with my serial number and there was no record of the mod being done, but there is the resistor in shrink wrap coming off the reverb pot.

Ooh, let's start a fight! Why would Mesa keep marking the chassis for a so-called "R"evision all the way down the line to the final iteration (green stripe)? Also, not ALL Mk IIIs have the "R", do they? Nope, sorry, the "R" stands for you-know-who. My Mk III blue stripe has it, and it's "Randier" than others LOL. Of course, I could be wrong...

MrMarkIII said:
Ooh, let's start a fight! Why would Mesa keep marking the chassis for a so-called "R"evision all the way down the line to the final iteration (green stripe)? Also, not ALL Mk IIIs have the "R", do they? Nope, sorry, the "R" stands for you-know-who. My Mk III blue stripe has it, and it's "Randier" than others LOL. Of course, I could be wrong...

Nice try, but it would be the RCS mod. If you can find a MK III that was even teched out by Randall Smith I will buy you a steak dinner. :D

bb is correct. Is spoke w/ mesa today and the R stands for a fix for a reverb glitch.

Latest posts

Back