What do you think of my lead tone????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vette1992

Reaction score
I currently am using a triaxis-G-force-2:90, and a mesa 2-12 rectifier cab, now this was a live show, and a bad recording, and a few beers too many, so i am not asking to rate my playing, i know it sucks.....

But, let me know what you think of the tone, i recentlypurchased a quad preamp of ebay and i am thinking of replacing my triaxis with the quad, or just having two full blown rigs....

Let me know what y'all think...

BTW, there are some really impressive rigs and players on this board, im glad to see so many people enjoying the boogie lifestyle(ummm i guess), along with me....

www.myspace.com/getjinxed

I liked it. The Triaxis actually does a fair amount of justice to the 80's Marshall sound.

More importantly, it sounds like your band has a good time on stage, and that makes even more difference. I'm envious... I'd love to be in an 80's metal cover band. :)

sounds awesome... you gotta love the triaxis....

the sweet child of mine solo is a little sloppy but its great tone and some parts are very well played...

tone and picking on triplets and pull offs very reminiscent of john petrucci live triaxis tone on once in a livetime...

are u using the air norton neck pup??? im assuming most of the leads are in the neck position. that sounds like a dimarzio PU

what was lead tone setting on the solos for SCOM and the poison song???

im looking into getting a triaxis myself... so far my road king is holding very well (ch3 vintage) for lead settings for progresive stuff and 80's rock tones but the traixis has that ditinct "fake mark serties" tone which is a formidable trademark in itself

Well as stated above, this was recorded straight from the board, at a very busy nightclub in Arlington,Va...

There was lots of beer drank that night, and a big party is always welcome at our shows, so a little sloppiness is allowed i would say(gotta love beer and shots before you play)....

I appreciate the constructive critiscism on my sound, i am still wondering about this quad preamp i ordered, i may have to ditch the triaxis forever if it sounds as good as everyone says it does.....

And, about the pickup/guitar, i have 2 music man petruci models, and an axis sport or whatever model with the vintage tremolo that i use live, this was recorded with the petrucci....

Keep checking the page for a few new songs that were recorded that night, let me know what you think, and if anyone is interested, come out and see us play, if you are in the areas that we play...

Later

i live in nyc so if ur ever up here ill check u guys out.

i knew that was a air norton in the birdge. i love that PU i have the same thing and the music man petreuccis come stock with a lightly modified air norton (different pole pieces)

but anyway. where did you order a quad preamp??? aren't they out of production???

Sweet Child of Mine isn't the easiest piece to do for lead. Although I think it would sound better with Reverb and not Delay.

Yes they are out of production, i ordered mine from ebay....

It should be here in a week or so...

Latest posts

Back