What do you think about this trade?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Reaction score
Ok, so I found a guy locally willing to trade me his 2 Channel Dual Recto for my Gibson Faded SG + Cash.

He's asking $850 for the amp, but the problem is, it's pretty beat up, here's some pictures:

Photo_09.jpg

Photo_08.jpg

Photo_10.jpg

As you can see, it's missing the backplate, the vent has been broken off and it's also missing the two rectifier tubes, which he said he will buy new ones and put them in there before it's sold/traded. He assures me these are all cosmetic and the amp works fine. It doesn't come with the footswitch(s) as well.

He said the serial number is R-006294, but that seems really high to me for a 2 channel?

He said he'd do my SG + $300, but I don't think it's worth that much more on top of my SG in that condition, maybe half that?

Any thoughts/comments/ideas?

Thanks guys!

In my opinion that head in that condition is worth about 600 bucks tops...

I dont know what value you put on your sg... but I would think that anything less than an even trade wouldnt be fair to you.

That's overpriced...That headshell is destroyed beyond repair. I'd look elsewhere. The serial number checks out fine (it's a RevG), but there's thousands of those at good prices.

I passed on a Dual Rec a few weeks ago in mint condition everything included down to the original box for $800. I've already regretted it, but that deal puts this head's value at about $500 max. I guess it depends on the value of your SG.

i'm guessing you dont live close enough to go try it out because the amp may sound amazing but you dont know that till you try it. if you can try it out i think it might be worth your time but i wouldnt give him 300 on top. how much would you say your sg can fetch on ebay? i would at most give him 100 ontop IF you can try it out and it sounds good.

2 channel dual rec's in good to great condition fetch about $900 to $1200 on ebay. With that being said I would value that head at about $700 to $750 at the most with good tubes and the original footswitch.

considering a new head shell would cost at least $300 from mesa boogie and about $150 used on ebay and two new rect tubes would cost about $30.

Now if it doesnt come with the original footswitch and the tubes are really old I would say a $650 offer is fair, so maybe your SG plus $100 to $150 as I believe the faded SG's sell for about $500 to $550 used.

Yeah, I'd value my SG at about $500 or so.

I'll email him back and see what he thinks, I am close enough to try it, but I don't want to waste my time if that's the lowest he'll sell it for.

Hopefully he'll go for $100 + the SG, but I kind of doubt it, since he seems to think it's worth a lot of cash, in horrible condition :p

Latest posts

Back