What do you guys think of this?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats cool... i would have done it without the carpet though... or with metal..

or you could just make one like this...

__________I
I

the i's are about 1" and the flat part is as deep as it needs to be for your amp... because the I thing on the left is on the bottom and the I thing on the right is on the top, it will sit on the floor at an angle (granted, it wont be as steep as the other design, but it will still project upward), and you wont have to worry about heat because it only sticks up about an inch or 2 onto the back of the amp.. i use the same basic design for my stereo speakers....

i dunno - some folk will try anything to show off their lonestars! ;-) nice idea. is there any significant acoustic impact?

I find a slight sound difference with the semi closed back. But at bedroom volume, there isn't much difference. Although i was getting good at doing handstands while playing so i could actully hear it. Some how i can't grow ears on my shins???

Scotspine. You hit the nail on the head. I've had the amp for about 3 months now. I still get a woody just looking at it, and wondering what i'm going to make it do for me today.

Lespaulstandard, is there any impact using carpet? I can't see any tone difference between carpet or say metal. Is that just personal preferance?

Cheers

All I see is, HUGE heat problems down the line. An amp mounted upside down in a combo cab already has two strikes against it. Tipping it back AND closing off all air flow will be very destructive to the amp in the end. Sorry, IMO it's a very bad idea.

Kind of remindes me of one of these > http://www.smithsoundproducts.com/enhancer.htm

I'd like to hear one with my ROV, but I can buy a nice 2x12 for this price.

I think it's a good design. It may solve the problem of low-end loss that can happen with folding metal stands. My only concerns might be the tube heat thing, and I might also have the amp at slightly less of an angle.

All in all, very cool!

tele_jas said:
Kind of remindes me of one of these > http://www.smithsoundproducts.com/enhancer.htm

Crazy. It is almost the same thing. Although mine cost me about 30 dollars (canadian) and a huge "cigarette" before i started the build.

I'm going to cut the back out of it though. I'm thinking about cutting maybe 6 to 8 inches off the back. Enough to lets the tubes breath a bit. I'll post the pics when i actually get some more time to play around. Thanks all for your comments.

Cheers,

tele_jas said:

Crazy. It is almost the same thing. Although mine cost me about 30 dollars (canadian) and a huge "cigarette" before i started the build.

I'm going to cut the back out of it though. I'm thinking about cutting maybe 6 to 8 inches off the back. Enough to lets the tubes breath a bit. I'll post the pics when i actually get some more time to play around. Thanks all for your comments.

Cheers,

Back