What do you guys think of this 92' dual rec?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnson

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250104231010&rd=1&rd=1

My only concern is that he states that this amp is a 92' but it looks to me like the mesa logo is the newer "large" logo, and not the older "small" logo. What do you guys think? :?

I wouldn't worry about the logo. The logo doesn't make anything sound better. It is an early Rec. '92. Series loop. Attached power cable. Chrome chassis. It might not be in the pre 503 club but I bet it rocks. That is probably a replacement headshell.

Yeah, That does like like a swap-out headshell deal.
They didn't make the the larger logo (with screws not glue) until later.
Also, older small logo shells had 18 vents per side as opposed to the 15 per side on the newer, large logo series.

Not for nothin' but it doesn't look right swapped out, now I'm just being stupid :?

Still. like Russ said, chrome chassis, series loop ! , 92 ... you know she breathes fire. :twisted:

\t/\m/ Carlos

yeah...I think i might pick this one up. Its close enough to my dream of the pre500 chrome chassis/black diamond, and it still is a 92 after all...Plus I can always sell it when a pre500 chrome pops up :twisted: ! BTW, How hard is it to put a black diamond plate on the front? Anyone done this before:?:

It is really stuck on there but you can get it off with a heat gun. Just be careful not to ruin the covering. Those panels come up once in a while. I haven't done this myself but have read about others having done it here and I have seen the panels on e-bay.

I have some aluminum diamondplate an flat black powdercoat i can do it i'll have ot see what others pay for the plate and i'll do you better than that just send me a link or a similar thing i can either make you a new plate or i can powder the one you have.

I also am aware i am new here but chack rig-talk and Harmony central 4ankm, Random Hero and others know i post there and have done deals there before as well

i have #726 and it is a beast! it has the rf1f board dated 10/92 and it sounds killer, someone should get this if you can chew him down to around 1100, ive never seen a big logo diamond plate with the bar in the back of the amp not being held in with wood screws,mabey this is the original shell and he switched out the plate?any how you can find old shells if your lucky!,btw.any one have the original manual for the 92rects? it would be awsome if someone can post it ,maybe in a pdf file??

There was a guy on here that was selling#188 that had the original manual. If my memory is correct i think his user name was "Guitarted", but I could be wrong.

Johnson said:
There was a guy on here that was selling#188 that had the original manual. If my memory is correct i think his user name was "Guitarted", but I could be wrong.
yeah well i bet he sold it with the amp... maybe BOOGIEBABIES can help out all of us less fortunate????

Latest posts

Back