What do you guys think? Mark III eBay...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Says it's a BLUE stripe, but it looks like it may be a GREEN, yeah?

It also appears to be Simul version with a mis labeled 60/100 watt switch...All the Mark III GREEN stripes I've seen have the correct Simul switch on the back?

What do you guys think, Blue, Green? Simul, 60/100?

I say Simul Class/Green Stripe...Just wanna make sure, I may go for it...

This one?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330263553432&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

The Full/Half Power switch is, in fact, the Simul/Class A switch.
Heads always have this mis-label, in my experience.
The stripe is green, which means it's 85 watts Simul-Class (switch up), 25 watts "Class A" (switch down).
Do not believe anyone trying to tell you it's a Simul-Class amp putting out 100 watts, switchable to 60 watts.
Ain't no such animal.

Oh shoot! Yeah thats the one, thanks MrMarkIII.

Yeah, I would also have to agree with what you said as well...

Yep, green simul.

The BIN's a *little* high with no footswitches included, but not over the top like they usually are.

If you're gonna get heavy with a III, this is the one you want :D

That looks like a very nice MKIII. I was eyeballing that one ealier but we have a little one on the way. Wife would shoot me! :roll:

boogietone said:
That looks like a very nice MKIII. I was eyeballing that one ealier but we have a little one on the way. Wife would shoot me! :roll:

well, duh, sell the gun, then buy the amp, problem solved :D

If only everyone would sell their guns and buy Mark IIIs, what a wonderful world this would be... :wink:

I mean, you should be able to outrun a pregnant woman trying to hit you with a Mark III long head.

MrMKIII wrote; The stripe is green, which means it's 85 watts Simul-Class (switch up), 25 watts "Class A" (switch down).
Do not believe anyone trying to tell you it's a Simul-Class amp putting out 100 watts, switchable to 60 watts.[/quote]

You say it's 85 watts simulclass and 25 watts class A. I have a red stripe MKIII and it's 75/15 watts. Question; do the different stripes have different levels of power output?

Lesgoldy said:
You say it's 85 watts simulclass and 25 watts class A. I have a red stripe MKIII and it's 75/15 watts. Question; do the different stripes have different levels of power output?

The green stripes are 85/25 because the outer sockets are wired in pentode rather than triode, as on the earlier stripes.

However, at least some older III's that have gone back to MB for updates, cap jobs, etc. have been rewired for pentode as well, so there are now 85/25 models of earlier stripes (my purple is one of them.)

Latest posts

Back