What Distortion pedal will give me a Tremoverb or DR tone???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I love my DC-10 and my Blue Angel.

I have been experimenting with a few pedals, but have found nothing that I really like.

Here is what I have tried:
Fulltone '69 - great on larger amps, sucks *** on EL-84 amps, tends to get really harsh

Fulltone Fulldrive n Boost - great sounding pedal for classic rock

Carl Martin Hot-Drive-n-Boost II - Great for ZZ Top tones and the solo boost really works.

I want to get some SLO/Tremoverb tones out of my clean channel with a pedal on the DC-10. Or, be able to get those tones out of my lead channel of the DC-10 with a pedal.

Also, I would like to get the T-Verb tone out of the Blue Angel with a pedal.

Do you guys know of such a pedal?

Seriously check out the Keeley Modded BD. Set gain to 3 to max, and tone to 11.

used with a hum bucker, its pretty decent. Compelling Modern - vintage tone when used with a reasonably pushed clean...

Take a look into Asonix. Listen to the 3rd and 4th sample.......pretty scary. This pedal is supposed to modeled after boogies.

http://www.asonix-corp.com/nite_owl_pedal.html

Dave~

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I forgot all about this thread until I started looking for a good pedal again.

I tried to listen to the Nite-Owl clips, but they won't open on my computer for some reason.

The tube pedal looks really cool, I'll have to find a site in english. :D

Any other suggestions? I've sold the Blue Angel, but now use a Heartbreaker head. I modded the Marshall channel to be almost exactly like a JCM-800, great tones, but still no Recto tones.

The guys at thegearpage.net feel the mi audio tube zone cops the recto sound.

I just sold my Tube Zone, and I can tell you that it can give a really modern Recto-ish type of tone. Actually, that's the reason I let it go. The TZ is very tweakable and well built, but I prefer more of a "vintage" or "british" style tone (Crunch Box, OCD & Fulldrive) so I sold it. The TZ is a HUGE sounding pedal with lots of bottom end, and does the mid-scoop thing well if you like that kind of sound. I purchased it thinking I would like it better than my Crunch Box, but it is a completely different sound altogether, very modern.

I'll look into the Tube Zone.

Here is the response that I got from Keeley. When I asked about a Tremoverb, I got no real response, so I asked about an SLO which is very close circuit wise:

Hey, Andy,

So, I talked around the shop and what we came up with is our DS1 Ultra mod. I can’t guarantee that it will nail the SLO sound, but since many aspects of the SLO are inspired by Marshall amps, and our DS1 is very Marshall-esque, I would try the DS1 and see what you think. Feel free to call or write back if I can help any more!

Thanks,

Nathanael Medlam

Mod Team Mgr.

Keeley Electronics

the clips of the mi audio tube zone has a pretty convincing recto tone especially the clip going through the JC-120 which i always found to sound very thin/trebely with a distortion pedal infront of it

Latest posts

Back