What distortion pedal do you guys use with your .50 Cal +??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the cleans on my .50 Cal +. I'm sort of tossing around the idea of trading it to somebody for a Nomad 45, but maybe I need to give it one more chance.

I don't really like the distortion tones when I have the cleans set the way I want.

I'm thinking that a distortion pedal will help.

What distortion pedal are you guys using with this amp?
What types of tones are you getting from it?

I'm not looking for COC or Metal tones. I want a great Rush (yeah, I know he's not using Mesa) type of tone from the Power Windows era. I figure this will be a good start.

i actually used 3 different pedals when i was playing the .50 cal - my number 1 was a Keeley Ultra/SEM DS-1. this had most appropriate amounts of dialin distortion AND gain. I swapped up with a Keeley SD-1 for really distorted.

for a simple gain - BD-2. i liked it a lot if I was just looking for a lead bump and not much tone change -

that is why I am playing a LSC - to cut down on the OD/Dist pedals on my board. I only use the DS-1 right now, since the LSC is not the MOST GAIN amp ...

of course, i am looking to A/B with my "new" Mark III ... and really open the flood gates.

my truly single suggestion for you is to get a GC account, and buy them all, try them, then return them. it's only fair.

Latest posts

Back