What bands use Rectifiers?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about what bands that "are good" use Rectos. ;) I do know that Nuno used them for a while.

WEll the Recto was named amp of the 1990's. Soundgarden is the first band I can think of, the Rollins Band's Chris Hasket was/is a PRS and Mesa loyalist.

Off the top of my head these guys used or still use Recto's:

Dream Theater, Creed/Alterbridge, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Godsmack, Hinder, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, AIC, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Nickel Back, Foo Fighters, Hoobastank, Bush, Evanescence, Maroon 5, P.O.D. & Taproot.

There is even some 'other' than Rock/Metal bands as well, like the guitarist from Avril Lavigne, Lionel Richie, and Nelly Furtado, who have used Recto's.

Dom

I caught the last couple of songs of Indukti's performance in August and was so impressed that I bought their latest CD there. It was so crowded I couldn't see the stage but it sure sounds like they use Rectifiers.

This is a band that IMO produces truly powerful and progressive music. Whereas it could be said, for instance, that Dream Theater lacks deep running soul, emotion and a spiritual perspective, Indukti has it. Scary...

www.myspace.com/indukti

bifferman2966 said:
my bro just seen george clinton and said there were 3 triples on stage

Was it Parliament, Funkadelic, P-Funk, etc., etc., etc.? I wouldn't figure a straight funk band to use Rectifiers. Well they're more of hip hop-ish now.

Bruce Dickenson said:
WEll the Recto was named amp of the 1990's. Soundgarden is the first band I can think of, the Rollins Band's Chris Hasket was/is a PRS and Mesa loyalist.

Up to the last Soundgarden album Kim Thayil didnt use Mesa amps much at all. He used Mesa cabinets.

Most of what you hear on Soundgarden albums is actually a Peavey JTM120. I have an interview in a mag wit Kim and he calls the VTM the greatest amp on the planet.

Amon Amarth used Dual Rectifiers live and in the studio. I believe they are now using H&K amps. Opeth uses Rectifiers in the studio.

Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Godsmack, Disturbed used one on the sickness, Tool, System of a Down, Falling up, Decyfer Down, Ektomorf, Stonesour, Creed, Alterbridge, Metallica, Dream Theater, Pillar, Avril Lavigne, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, and a few others I can't think of right now. Not saying I like all of the above artists but those are ones that came to mind from the artist list at mesa for recto players.

I am getting ready to get another amp as a supplement to my recto, meaning an amp to use as a secondary studio amp and as a live backup to my recto. I really am having a hard time deciding between the express 5:50 head and getting an old DC10. How's the roadster working out for you, they seem cool, It'd take me a lot to get used to the grill on them though.

Rocky said:
Bruce Dickenson said:
Most of what you hear on Soundgarden albums is actually a Peavey JTM120. I have an interview in a mag wit Kim and he calls the VTM the greatest amp on the planet.

I used to own a VTM120, and almost every club we played I would get comments from the other musicians or the soundman along the lines of "That's the best Peavey I've ever heard." Really underrated amps.

MetalHorse442 said:
Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Godsmack, Disturbed used one on the sickness, Tool, System of a Down, Falling up, Decyfer Down, Ektomorf, Stonesour, Creed, Alterbridge, Metallica, Dream Theater, Pillar, Avril Lavigne, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, and a few others I can't think of right now. Not saying I like all of the above artists but those are ones that came to mind from the artist list at mesa for recto players.

Three Days Grace = Diezel
Breaking Benjamin = Randall
Godsmack = Diezel and Splawn with some Recto

Those are current rigs I'm pretty sure. Not sure what 3DG used in the past. Breaking Ben has used H&K in the past. Godsmack definitely used Rectos in the past, but he (Tony) uses mostly Diezel and Splawn now I think. Sully might still use Rectos. Not sure.

Back