What amp should i get now..?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shep

Reaction score
well i just sold one of my amp that i don't use becasue it's nothing like my mesa...

What should i get now for a second amp...

i was thinking a short head mk III or II or I

or a studio with a power amp..

i am learning towards a mk I snake skin reiusse..ATM but i don't know wat there like...wat do you think?

i also LIKE the look of a mk III Eq blue or red stripe..

then again a old dual recto would be cool..

Wat Would you guy's do??

Being that you have a Mark IV already I think you would gain more versatility with a 2 ch DR. That would give you enough Recto sound with good tone. The Mark IV already gives you most of the Mark I anyway. After a DR I would then look into more Mark sounds if you still want more unless you favor the Mark sound and don't care for the Recto sound.

Was it the JCM800 RI that you sold?

well, if you want to reinforce your mark IV tone with a similar one, i would suggest a mark III or a MarkIIC+ (i think mark III will help to achieve more crunch, IIC+ will help to smoothen out the sound). Instead, if you want to find a good complement to your mark style tone (if you're into heavy stuff, otherwise get a fender! :D ), i would suggest a Dual Rectifier, as Russ said.

I'd suggest a smaller amp, like the DC-3, Maverick or the Lone Star Special--certainly a different flavor than the Mark IV.

The EL84 will mess up your hear for sure! LOL!

yeah it was the jcm800.. i am thinking a somthing like a Mk III blue/red stripe to sit on my mesa 1x12 cab..not sure about a dual recto..but then again it's not a bad idea....yeah

Back