what amp is this?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/1970s-Original-...1QQihZ005QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

250046470-10.jpg

Is it a mark I Combo w/graphic EQ?

Says in the auction description that this thing still has the original tubes in it!! How would 30 year old tubes sound?? lol

Thanks

-AJH

i think thats a mark 2. im pretty sure that the mark 1 doesnt have a 5-band equalizer

Not original tubes. Mesa didn't label their own tubes in MK1 times, AFAIK. They used Groove Tubes at one point. Maybe the preamp tubes, I can't see them.

Say hey all,
I ain't no expert :roll: , but I would guess that it's a Mark I. Because, it has 2 instrument inputs. A Mark II would have 1 instrument input and a footswitch input. But what do I know?
Happy New Year :D
BillA

My Mark I has the 60/100 switch on the rear panel,far right side and a toggle switch for the EQ on the front next to the standby switch. Also mine has a presence knob on the rear panel, this amp does not even have one. Also there is no Mesa Engineering or Mesa/Boogie Ltd. label below the toggle switches. Very strange.

As BB says,

Early Mark I with the silk screened faceplate. Very nice and rare. Most are the Aluminum Face Plate.

It has had some mods done to it - effects loop etc., non- original speaker.

BWK

Latest posts

Back