Were do guys buy your fuses for your mesa's?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socialparasite

Reaction score
Just wanted to know can i order online a fuse for my dual rect and nomad 55? They dont need them but i am sure they are not to expensive. It is always good to have back up at a gig or band practice :)

You can buy them at Radio Shack. This is where I go if I'm in a hurry.

I usually get them in bulk from one of my suppliers, Mouser Electronics or CE Distribution.

Here are some links:

www.mouser.com

www.tubesandmore.com

www.radioshack.com

Try Radio Shack online. I a few extra's locally at Orchard supply. I'm not sure what your Nomad takes, but the 2 AMP fuses are quite common. Make sure to go by the amperage and then it doesn't matter what the voltage is as long as its equal or above the voltage that you are playing through, and that they are slow blo fuses. So, you'll most likely see 250V 2A fuses.

I drove myself nuts the first time that I went looking for spare fuses for my Mesa. The manual said to use 120V 2A fuses for my F-50. I couldn't find a 120V fuse anywhere!!!! I did not know that as long as the voltage equal or greater, you were fine. Admissions of a fuse Rookie! :oops: There has to be at least one other guy out there who can use the above info!

Fuses! We don't need no stinkin' fuses! HAHAHAHA!

Thanks guys i have book marked the links. Thanks for the info. I wonder why you cant order them off of mesa's site? Seems kind of strange even though its only a fuse.

It might be a CYA thing.

If a fuse blows, it usually does it for a reason.

If you do blow a fuse in your amp, and the replacement blows as well, you should have it checked out. Could be bad Power Tubes or something worse.

Maybe Mesa doesn't want to get involved. Maybe they would prefer that you get it checked out. Or, maybe they just figure that it is an item that can be bought at Radio Shack for much less than they would charge.

Be careful! You must use Mesa brand fuses or it will void your warranty!
They are a little pricey at $42 each.

Just kidding.

Back