well, i finally broke down

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan_kilco

Reaction score
and dropped of the IV at the local music shop. Guy says his tech works on wild stuff, so i figured it'd be quicker and cheaper if i give this a shot, rather than shipping to Cali.

I left scratching my head. The guy obviously didnt know much about Mesa. asking "is it a bass amp? did you try messing with the Auto Assign eq switches?....etc"

well, hopefully it will get back to me in better shape then i left it. :)

bryan_kilco said:
and dropped of the IV at the local music shop. Guy says his tech works on wild stuff, so i figured it'd be quicker and cheaper if i give this a shot, rather than shipping to Cali.

I left scratching my head. The guy obviously didnt know much about Mesa. asking "is it a bass amp? did you try messing with the Auto Assign eq switches?....etc"

well, hopefully it will get back to me in better shape then i left it. :)

Sounds a little scary to me, but the schematics, to the best of my knowledge, are available, so if he's competent, he should be able to cure whatever ails the amp.

yeah, i feel sorta iffy about it. I had a few guys offer me their service, one of whom was from this forum. I'd just rather try this first, see what happens, and if it aint fixed, ill be shipping her off to a real tech.

to be fair, from the original post, the guy he talked to wasn't the tech...

kiff said:
bingo. the guy i talked to was the owner of the local music shop. he said the tech is good, fast, and works on pretty wild stuff.

I should be getting a call next saturday. 8)

kiff said:

That sounds better! I'd hate to think the tech didn't know whether it was a bass or guitar amp! The owner should know a little more than that though. Are they authorized Mesa dealers/repair center? I'd be iffy to leave it if they were not, but if he knows his stuff then it should be OK.

Best of luck!

MusicManJP6 said:
Are they authorized Mesa dealers/repair center? I'd be iffy to leave it if they were not, but if he knows his stuff then it should be OK.

Best of luck!

+1

Dunno bout over there, btu over here it voids your warranty if you take it to a non-Mesa tech.

Sixstringpsycho said:
I would want to speak with the tech in person before i authorized any work. just my opinion, hope she comes back in killer shape
well the tech comes early saturday mornings before the music store is even opened. i had to sign a "work form" just so the tech could work on it. I dont think they could possibly do any more damage to it, but we shall see.

as for the warranty, i bought it used so i dont think the warranty is valid. or am i wrong?

Buying from a private party does not void the warranty. If it is more than 5 years old then it is out of warranty. If not then you can have the warranty transferred to your name and repairs are free. Just call Mesa and give them the serial and they should be able to tell you if it should still be under warranty or not.

MusicManJP6 said:
Buying from a private party does not void the warranty. If it is more than 5 years old then it is out of warranty. If not then you can have the warranty transferred to your name and repairs are free. Just call Mesa and give them the serial and they should be able to tell you if it should still be under warranty or not.
oh crap! i was unaware of this, thank you sir!!

im pretty sure its a bit older than 5 years though. actually, come to think of it, i've owned it for at least 3 or 4 years so far. I should really look into this...i cant remember where i stashed the tags that came on it when i got it. :?

Latest posts

Back