Weird Volume Drop...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfrazee

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was playing my DC-5 today and only had the output on around 2 playing the lead channel when all of a sudden the volume dropped. I switched over to the rhythm channel and the volume was fine there. When I switched back to the lead channel it was still low. I turned the standby switch off then back on and everything was back to normal. What happened and is this something I should be worried about?

Check your instrument cable. Other than that it could be a preamp tube going, you won't know unless it happens again. I wonder if the tubes got knocked around during shipping?

I hope you are enjoying it otherwise.

I checked all my cables. So far everything has been normal. I checked the tubes after the amp came in and made sure they were all seated and everything. I'll just wait until it happens again and see if I can figure anything else out. Otherwise im loving the amp!

Sometimes a problem like that, only on one channel, can be a bad pot. When you experience the problem again try jacking with the pot, turning pushing kind of abusing it, to see if you can get it to cut in and out or make some difference. I would check the volume and master first but I've had a similar problem with the presence control. I also had a bad treble pot give me similar issues though related to tone.

Latest posts

Back