weird problem with 3 Channel Triple Rec...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradXXX

Reaction score
I have a 3 channel Triple Rectifier loaded w/ the kt66/kt88 high gain JJ tube set.

Everything was running great for months.

Lately, I'm having a strange problem. When I'm playing, and then mute my strings, after a delay of 5 to 10 seconds there's a pop sound. It's not super loud, but it is noticeable. (it's not any kind of feedback or anything like that, it's actually a pop sound.) It happens no matter what cab I'm running out of. And I've checked all of my other gear to narrow it down to it coming from my head.

I was wondering if anyone has ever this problem before. Or if anyone would have any idea as to what the problem might be.

Any help would be awesome.

My first thought is that it's a cap discharging after that 5-10 seconds.

I would call Eurotubes with this question.

Maybe I will give them a call about it. When I emailed them about it they seemed pretty clueless as to what could be going wrong.

Any idea how expensive it would be for me to get my caps replaced? (assuming that would fix the problem)

If you still have your original tubes I would put them in and see if the problem goes away.

Even though they sounded good at first, I never had any luck with Eurotubes' "Intergrated Quads".

Dom

Well, I tried out my 6l6's and at first I thought it fixed it. But then i was wrong, and it started doing it again. Any other ideas?

Give us some more info. What setting are you using? Spongy or Bold power, Diode or Tube rectifier, etc.

Does it do this in all channels and all modes? Does this happen with nothing plugged into the amp?

Dom

Back