We have been betrayed !!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogiebabies

Reaction score
MesieBooga- is now a Marshall guy!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-2C-Combo-Rev-Eq-Simul-Wood_W0QQitemZ7386600694QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well, the most I can say is "he'll be back" it might take a while but he'll relize what he's doing eventually. It always looks like the grass is greener on the other side but when you get there you're like "well it looks brown from here now", you know what I mean?

-Wolf

lord Marshall has seduced and murdered young MesieBooga. Do not give into your hate, for the dark side can feel it welling within you. Agreed he will see the error of his evil ways.

Ya know what? With all that dough he got for the IIC+, and then some, he could get a handwired JTM100 stack......
Does anyone know what Marshall he ended up or plans on getting?
I'm curious!
ax. 8)

I bet he does eventually get another Boog though...... :wink:

axwielding1 said:
Ya know what? With all that dough he got for the IIC+, and then some, he could get a handwired JTM100 stack......
Does anyone know what Marshall he ended up or plans on getting?
I'm curious!
ax. 8)

I bet he does eventually get another Boog though...... :wink:

Amen Brotha !!!!

Dark Side? We are the dark side.

Come on over to the Boogie board. We will show you everything you need to know to verify your C+ so you can sell them for more than double your profit and switch to Marshall's.

You should own both bring balance to the force young padawan.

banana2_smiley.gif
elefant_smiley.gif
blues_bros_smiley.gif
beermug_smiley.gif
banana_smiley.gif

Well, I don't have 8 C+s in my arsenal, only one fully loaded head for the past 16 years...and I will say that the two types of amps are night and day. In the last month, I bought a 50W 67-68 Plexi Smallbox and will say that I'm getting tones out of that amp that I've never, ever heard (in person) in my life. Just think Duane Allman, old ZZ Top & AC/DC and of course, early VH in spades. The amp is truly one of the best I've ever encountered.

MY C+ will never, ever be sold, as it will do things that the Plexi can't do, but likewise for the Plexi. The sound of the Plexi is more spongy, woody and brown where the C+ id perfect for the tight, heavy tunes.

Alas, to each his own...I just had to have both!

:idea: Boogiebabies, why don't you drop by the Marshall forum and find out all you can on that Jube you got, I'm sure they will help you. This way, you can sell it on ebay for twice what your investment was, and buy another
Mesa Boogieeeeeeeeeeeee! :wink:

ax. 8)

It's interesting to hear of a guy moving from a Mesa to a Marshall. Last year I bought a Marshall DSL 2000 100 watt head for a song. I figured if I didn't like it I'd sell it for a profit. Well I tried gigging with it for about a month and finally sold it. It was a pretty good amp but the reason I got rid of it was my Boogies sang, the Marshall didn't. It had tons of gain more than my MK III's, but it just didn't talk to me. My old Boogies are sensitve to my touch and the sustain for days. The Marshall just didn't do those things. So, I'm it was back to MK III's and I don't think I'll stray again.

axwielding1 said:
:idea: Boogiebabies, why don't you drop by the Marshall forum and find out all you can on that Jube you got, I'm sure they will help you. This way, you can sell it on ebay for twice what your investment was, and buy another
Mesa Boogieeeeeeeeeeeee! :wink:

ax. 8)

Axe,

I had two 2555 Jubilee Heads and sold one for double what I had in it 6 months ago. I found it at a local guitar show for a stupid low price. :D

Now, that's how to invest... I've seen some great deals around and let 'em go...Shame..
How did you like the Jube's? I've never played one myself....
As far as Marshalls go, I wouldn't mind having a JTM45 and greenback cab. That's a great tone I think...But, it's got to have the KT66's, I don't like 'em with EL34's...
I had the opportunity to play a 1969 superlead once. Awesome tone, but so frigging loud it was just unuseable... Could have bought it for $1200! Excellent deal, but at the time, I needed an amp, and that wasn't it...
I found anything under 5 on the volume was way too bright and plinky, and 5 and up began to remove appendages.... :shock:
ax. 8)

The Jub is the only modern Marshall I like. You can get a great tone out of it without the Plexi type volume. The one I have is a keeper. The best tone out of any I have ever played. It came with the original Siemens EL34's too.

See, now that's cool... I love Slash's tone, but alas, that tone is all Marshall. I can approach it, but that's it... I can get some Page tone etc. but Slash eludes me... On my son's TSL, I get *real* close, but not quite there yet...
I'd still like to get a JTM though, the idea of a Bluesbreaker is nice, a combo. But, it just doesn't have the same tone as the JTM head...
ax. 8)
Plus, I'd like to A/B/Y with the Boog, and pan some effects as well... :wink:

Latest posts

Back