Wat should i do...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shep

Reaction score
i orderd a new orange 4x12 about 10 weeks ago...the sales guy said it would take 3 days from when i orderd it...it sucks because right now i don't have a quad ( and i play Alot!..so i have just been using my mesa 1x12 200watt EV cab) because i sold my marshall to get the orange...anyway i got a message the other day from the music shop guy and he said it should be another two more week's....i am so pissed...so i am thinking of going down and spending $500 more on a mesa 4x12 and taking it home with me that day..should i ?...or should i just get a mesa 2x12 and another later on or somthing ...idea's would be awsome....!! Or i could just wait..

Thanks Tom

Orange cabs are amazing..

That being said, Mesa cabs are good too.. it all depends on the sound you're going for. Both have the same speaker but the standard recto cabs have loads more bass punch than the Orange would. The traditional recto cabs are more like a normal cab size and have a tighter bass response. I've a/b'ed both with an Orange and the Orange is the tightest/punchiest.

With this in mind, I would play through any cab before buying one, see if you like it.

If you were willing to wait 10 weeks, then what's two more weeks? If it's the cab for you, then wait it out. But, work on plan B, if there is another long delay after that. 2 weeks will give you some time to try some other cabs, and you won't be making a knee-jerk reaction purchase, if you should decide to get a different cab.

id wait for the orange, if you tried it and believed in its superior tone for your needs then why screw that up?

Latest posts

Back