Warren Haynes and a Boogie?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mule#1

Reaction score
I was watching the "Good Clean Fun" video by ABB on youtube and noticed a rack mounted Mark series amp behind Warren. I paused it but cant tell what it is. Does anybody know? I just think it's interesting. His Soldano is on a cab behind him as well. Maybe used the Boogie for clean?

mule#1 said:
I was watching the "Good Clean Fun" video by ABB on youtube and noticed a rack mounted Mark series amp behind Warren. I paused it but cant tell what it is. Does anybody know? I just think it's interesting. His Soldano is on a cab behind him as well. Maybe used the Boogie for clean?
Looks like a MkIII (due to the logo style and all black tipped knobs). Could be a IIC too.
IIB's would have had silver tipped knobs so it's a later model than a IIB.

Did you notice during his solo (~3:12) how he starts playing a Strat then it's shows him playing a Les Paul?
The video keeps flipping back and forth between him playing both guitars for the whole solo.

gts said:
mule#1 said:
Looks like a MkIII (due to the logo style and all black tipped knobs). Could be a IIC too.
IIB's would have had silver tipped knobs so it's a later model than a IIB.

Did you notice during his solo (~3:12) how he starts playing a Strat then it's shows him playing a Les Paul?
The video keeps flipping back and forth between him playing both guitars for the whole solo.

Yeah that's pretty cool! I think the track was recorded with that red strat. He makes anything sound good lol. I think your right that it looks like a III.

That's a late '80s rack kit, which will fit every short head ever made. Without a close up of that front panel, it could be almost anything. There is a shot that shows tube glow pretty clearly, and I'd guess 4 6L6s. There, that narrows it down a bit. :? :wink: Cool find, though!

I have a late IIB with the black knobs serial 106XX. I beleive it came this way and have heard other stories of this being the case. Still cannot tell what the amp is in the video. Knobs could have been changed too?

I was HUGE into ABB at the time. Read /watched/ saw them, devoured all the gear interviews, etc.
As I recall that's a MKIII Racked up as a backup to the Soldano. Never saw him use it, but it's there just in case as I recall.

Dickey was using Soldano as well, but their tones were quite different.
I wish Warren would go back to the lace sensor strat, his tones were phenominal.

Big Mike said:
I was HUGE into ABB at the time. Read /watched/ saw them, devoured all the gear interviews, etc.
As I recall that's a MKIII Racked up as a backup to the Soldano. Never saw him use it, but it's there just in case as I recall.

Dickey was using Soldano as well, but their tones were quite different.
I wish Warren would go back to the lace sensor strat, his tones were phenominal.

Very interesting! I wish I could find something on that. I have devoured all the same info and been to a lot shows and never seen anything until that video. I'll have to check out other live stuff from that era.

I'm a Gibson guy but I have to say that red strat sounds huge. His strat tone was right up there with Clapton and Gilmour. Do you know what color the Lace Sensors were?

Back