Warranty HELP!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
So I've had my 3ch recto and Standard 4x12 for less than 3 months and already something happened.

At practice the other day, a bandmate got a little excited during one of the songs and kicked a chair around, except he kicked it straight into the bottom left corner of my brand new cab!!!

The chair poked through the black grille and then made a large gash right in the speaker, enough to stick several fingers into it!!
Obviously this is not good at all, even though you cant really hear the difference as the other 3 speakers make up for the loss.

I read the Warranty paper and it says "accidents and negligence" are not covered. Not that I'm a dishonest man here, but I just bought this thing and am not equipped to dish out a bunch of money for repairs, nor can my bandmate afford it either.

What to do?????!!!!! Help me out please. I Know MESA has great customer service, but enough to fix this at little or no cost to me?

You may try contacting MESA, but I think you are out of luck. This really wasn't their fault, but it probably can't hurt to contact them and ask.

Your bandmate should be the one paying.

I think your fucked.

no seriously. There was no fault whatsover caused by Mesa. Though the grill is rugged, it is not designed for blocking chairs. This falls under accidents. As stated you can try contacting mesa, but I think you will have to pay (or your bandmate) for the damage yourself.

You now need to kick your bandmate square in the posterior end so that it leaves a large gash enough for several of his fingers to fit in it.

no way you can get warranty help with that - it sucks but thats the way it is.

buy a replacement speaker and change it yourself. patch the grill or leave it alone - a new grill is going to be pricey. you may be able to find Mesa grillcloth on ebay or online somewhere - worth a look.

your bandmate needs to help you out financially with this situation - if he's a friend of yours, he should WANT to help you out. if he's not and he won't pay up, get even with him . . .

yep, you're outta luck with any chance of Boogie chipping in to help since it wasn't a factory default. I understand the $$$ situation of yours and your friends too, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. If he doesn't have the money right now to cover it, maybe he could pay you $20 a week or each gig to cover the cost of replacing or repairing the speaker? A new speaker is proabably about $150 and a good used one is probably around $100. The Grille Cloth is probably more expensive than the speaker. If you can live with the cloth like it is, then don't worry about it (but it will hurt the value of it later if you decide to sell it), or find out how much it cost to patch and to fix it and discuss it with the band-mate/friend and do the same as with the speaker... have him pay you $20 a week until it's taken care of. If you want to, you can chip in too and let him off the hook a little?

Thats my suggestions.

Yipes that is a great story...what the heck kinda music are you guys playing?? :shock:

I agree you are screwed as far as warranty and for good reason. The problem arose clearly through your friend's carelessness, not poor manufacturing on the part of Mesa! I wouldn't even bother to ask them to fix it, out of both principle and fear of ridicule.

Anyhow, a replacement V30 shouldn't set you back that much dough and you "should" be able to install it yourself to save a bit. I wouldn't worry about the grill cloth, other than cosmetics there's no real sonic or other reason to fix it. Just save the money and you have a good story to tell.

Elpelotero said:
So I've had my 3ch recto and Standard 4x12 for less than 3 months and already something happened.

At practice the other day, a bandmate got a little excited during one of the songs and kicked a chair around, except he kicked it straight into the bottom left corner of my brand new cab!!!

The chair poked through the black grille and then made a large gash right in the speaker, enough to stick several fingers into it!!
Obviously this is not good at all, even though you cant really hear the difference as the other 3 speakers make up for the loss.

I read the Warranty paper and it says "accidents and negligence" are not covered. Not that I'm a dishonest man here, but I just bought this thing and am not equipped to dish out a bunch of money for repairs, nor can my bandmate afford it either.

What to do?????!!!!! Help me out please. I Know MESA has great customer service, but enough to fix this at little or no cost to me?

Great story, although, I can only imagine how ya felt right after it happened. I think that it's a test of how committed your bandmate is to your friendship and he should at the very least replace your speaker for now so your rig is fully functional. Then later he should work toward replacing the grill the grill cloth, as well. If I damaged a friend's instrument accidently, I would certainly make it right with him and replace what I broke, as "most" others would. It's only right.

Elpelotero,

I must commend you on NOT INSTANTLY KILLING your bandmate. If I were in your shoes, I'd make him come up with the money. No matter what. He needs to be more responsible.

RB

Red Barchetta said:
Elpelotero,

I must commend you on NOT INSTANTLY KILLING your bandmate. If I were in your shoes, I'd make him come up with the money. No matter what. He needs to be more responsible.

RB

I think Elpelotero needs to be a little more responsible for the well being of his gear!

Latest posts

Back