Warehouse Guitar Speakers...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turumbar82

Reaction score
What do you guys think of them? I have read about some other people on here liking them and just wondering what other people think of them. I'm going to be replacing two of the speakers in my Marshall cab hopefully with V30 but I was interested in the WGS Veteran because it's alot like a V30.

As always, thanks for the info guys

I highly recommend them! They have increased the price new because they are so popular. They sound great. I only have experience with the Veteran 30 that is in my Rectoverb combo. I think the Veteran sounds better than the original V30. The reviews you can find on the WGS website say that as well. You will like these speakers!!

i have a lopoline cab loaded with veteran 30s. they sound like vintage 30s without the upper midrange harshness. the bass is a tiny bit weaker though.
i would get them instead of v30s again.

MusicManJP6 said:
... They have increased the price new because they are so popular. ...
Yes, they became popular but their introductory price was so low, it was more to establish themselves. They weren't making much of a profit (if any) at the extremely low introductory price. Their goal was to put out their name into the market first.

I just bought Veteran 30's for a cab project i am starting so i replace my crappy marshall cab but was wondering which is the best way to mount them the cab i am going to put them in is front loaded because the back doesnt come off and was wondering what effects this might have on the tone.

Also what is the best way to break in the speakers my band is suppose to go record our demo a week after they get delivered.

Thanks
Mike

has anyone tried mixing more than two kinds of speakers in a 4x12?

I'm looking at the different warehouse guitar speaker and thought what it would be like to have 4 different speakers.

I haven't really heard of anyone doing that kind of thing. Usually people just mix two kinds of speakers.

i Highly recommend the veteran 30's i have 2 of them in my 2x12 randall cab and it sounds amazing!

MusicManJP6 said:
I highly recommend them! They have increased the price new because they are so popular. They sound great. I only have experience with the Veteran 30 that is in my Rectoverb combo. I think the Veteran sounds better than the original V30. The reviews you can find on the WGS website say that as well. You will like these speakers!!

A old posting for you but new to me :) , so I just ordered some Veteran 30's for my 2x12 recto cab after reading through this thread looking froward to them. Currently loaded with V30's and using Beam Blockers.

Awesome! Let us know what you think. They really are great speakers. Don't forget about breaking them in a little before making your final assessment...

jamme61 said:
with their higher prices, why not buy the celestions?
No, they are still cheaper than Celestion speakers a V30 in Musicians Friend is going for $145 and I'm paying $65 for the Veteran 30's. But one of the things that got my attention while reading this thread was
hirah said:
i have a lopoline cab loaded with veteran 30s. they sound like vintage 30s without the upper midrange harshness . the bass is a tiny bit weaker though.
And also MusicManJP6 recommends them I usually find myself in sync
with him on allot of subjects.

And jamme61 what have you been up to? Have not talked to you since I PM-ed you about a bias job on my Mark IV which I did with "stokes" BTW. How many amps have you been thought since then? I know you switch up a fair amount. Good to see you back!

John

LOL! you know me well. my latest greatest amp is a mesa 50 cal head. I really love this head since I added a gain pot mod, on the lead channel. How is Stokes? he helped me out a lot, when I had a MKIV, great guy. hey buy your celestions from Avatar speakers, get his helatone speakers. they're celestions that he breaks in and relabeled. I think they're in the $80 range. I think the celestion 12H speakers are killer and I love Greenbacks too but, to tell you the truth, I p/u a used Marshall 4x10 and I can't get away from this cab. It's tight, light, with tons of bass and I can p/u with one hand and carry. I love this cab and I think I love 10's now.

MusicManJP6 said:
Awesome! Let us know what you think. They really are great speakers. Don't forget about breaking them in a little before making your final assessment...
Got them today installed them today. Don't have to break them in already made my assessment. I LOVE THEM!!
hirah said:
i have a lopoline cab loaded with veteran 30s. they sound like vintage 30s without the upper midrange harshness. the bass is a tiny bit weaker though.
"hirah" pretty much said the way I feel, over all just a better balance. In a odd way they sometimes remind me of greenbacks
jamme61 said:
LOL! you know me well. my latest greatest amp is a mesa 50 cal head. I really love this head since I added a gain pot mod, on the lead channel. How is Stokes? he helped me out a lot, when I had a MKIV, great guy. hey buy your celestions from Avatar speakers, get his helatone speakers. they're celestions that he breaks in and relabeled. I think they're in the $80 range. I think the celestion 12H speakers are killer and I love Greenbacks too but, to tell you the truth, I p/u a used Marshall 4x10 and I can't get away from this cab. It's tight, light, with tons of bass and I can p/u with one hand and carry. I love this cab and I think I love 10's now.
Stokes is good he did the work on my head (don’t trust myself) After I asked you about what you though bias mod I still waited a good 6 month’s was deciding on a couple of things.
Either a simple bias pot to adjust the four sockets or the same thing and rework the resister network on the outer sockets a bit also so if you run 2x 6l6/EL34 they are a bit more balanced cause as you know those 34’s run cold as hell. So ended up going with the simple bias pot if the outer sockets were worked it would have caused problems down the line if I went back to 4x6L6’s (which I did) =C= wings BTW.
Next thing is I ordered a Fasel inductor for my DCR-1SR rack wah should have it this week, I’ll do that work the Mark IV just intimidated me. And with a little bit of luck I’ll be content with this setup for a while. Not as bad as you, but I do like to mix it up sometimes.

Latest posts

Back