• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(Wanted) Lonestar Combo/Head shipped to UK

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjs

Reaction score
I posted this same message in the UK Classifieds section, just thought i'd see whether i would get any more results with putting the same topic here, but i'd be prepared to pay shipping if something was found within the US.

"Hi, i asked someone on another forum about any good sites for second hand Mesa's and he linked me to this site, just joined. I'm on the lookout for a Lonestar combo/head, i'm interested whether it be new or old, special or classic, brand new or second hand, 1x12 or 2x12, etc... Don't really want anything which is not at least near mint condition. I have around £1100, happy to pay P&P if far away.

For people woundering about currency,

1100 British pounds = 1 869.12 U.S. dollars

& as said, happy to pay p&p if not included in a deal

Not sure if you have imported before BJS, but here's a bit of advice.

Shipping is not cheap. You are charged by weight or size, whichever is the more expensive. There are size/weight restrictions with US postal service so a carrier may be the best option.

Import duty will be charged as well as vAT. The calculation is cost of item + shipping charge + import duty (3% maybe) + VAT @ 15% on the TOTAL. You can only insure for the declared value so if you say its worth $100 to save on the duty and it gets smashed you walk away with £60.

Dont forget, US amps are 120V not 240V. You can convert it, but a Mesa transformer will cost you maybe £200 IF they will supply you. The UK distributor does not encourage you doing this, you are threatening his 50% mark-up! The 240V trannie is not supplied in the US so your seller cannot buy one and put it in the box. Probably better to get one from Mercury Magnetics or elsewhere.

PhilUK said:
Not sure if you have imported before BJS, but here's a bit of advice.

Shipping is not cheap. You are charged by weight or size, whichever is the more expensive. There are size/weight restrictions with US postal service so a carrier may be the best option.

Import duty will be charged as well as vAT. The calculation is cost of item + shipping charge + import duty (3% maybe) + VAT @ 15% on the TOTAL. You can only insure for the declared value so if you say its worth $100 to save on the duty and it gets smashed you walk away with £60.

Dont forget, US amps are 120V not 240V. You can convert it, but a Mesa transformer will cost you maybe £200 IF they will supply you. The UK distributor does not encourage you doing this, you are threatening his 50% mark-up! The 240V trannie is not supplied in the US so your seller cannot buy one and put it in the box. Probably better to get one from Mercury Magnetics or elsewhere.

Wow, what a b*t*h.....
I've shipped stuff overseas before and really didn't realize how tough it is on the folks over there.
Wouldn't it be easier just to find a distributor and get in line? Believe it or not we have to get in line over here. I waited for over 6 months for my Special after I placed the order.
Best of luck to you.
Jim

Thanks both of you for the advice, didn't have a clue about the whole needing a mesa transformer and shipping etc... Looks like i'll have to keep trying in the UK, second hand stuff just seems to be way more cheaper in the US than over here, an example being ebay, you can find a second hand 2x12 lonestar classic on the US ebay for like 1500 dollars which is around 1000 english pounds, on the UK site i've seen a 1x12, not a 2x12, go for even more than that....

Phil, do you recommend any good second hand mesa places in the UK? Websites or anything other than Ebay?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back