Want to shape my distortion on a single rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelch

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong....I love the distortion on my single rectifier. :twisted: I would though like to shape it a bit more. Are there any simple/basic eq's I can purchase for this purpose. I would like to get an eq as a rack piece. I found this one but not sure if it would be good for my needs.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ART-341-Dual-Channel-15Band-Equalizer?sku=180587

I use a Furman PQ4 parametric eq. In my opinion nothing is better for shaping tone than a parametric! It's a single rack space unit.

Thanks for the recommendation. I am having a hell of a time finding the PQ4. Do they still sell it? I found a pq3 on ebay. Is the pq3 similar to the pq4?

Thanks for the link macaddict. Is 200.00 a good price? I am just hesitant about buying without actually trying it out. I guess if it doesnt do what I think it will do, I can just resell it.

anyone else have some suggestions for a eq I could use on my mesa?

you could also try a graphic eq. they are probably the easiest EQ's to use. DBX and Rane single rack unit graphic EQ's look like they would be pretty good. behringer might be good if you're on a budget, but their products are kind of hit or miss

Thanks paleamberglow. I will check those out. Is a graphic EQ better than a parametric eq?

Latest posts

Back