Walkabout Scout 115 thermal problems?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbassuk

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've just bought a Walkabout Scout 115.
Yesterday during the first use, the bottom end available from this little guy put a grin on my face, but the SURPRISE was that after 10 minutes it stopped wirking, light on but no output and also the fan off, i checked the head and it was really hot...
After half an hour it started working again and held up brilliantly for the remaining 2 hours of rehearsal???
At the end after 2 hours of use to its limit ( i think) the head was ok but really hot.
Is it normal that these heads become quite hot?
What could have happened to it when dead for that 1/2 hour?

Hi... I Had a similar problem with my Scout combo... The problem only appeared when i was using both speaker outputs... Are you using an additionnal cab? The one i was using was a really old Traynor 2x15", it's listed as 8ohms but i guess since there are 2 speakers, it drops to 4 ohms... If you use a high ohm second cab, the amp has to push a lot of power to achieve the same volume and that can cause overheating. Be sure to have a couple inches behind the amp to ensure good ventilation. Anyway, since i switched back to just using the scout's speaker cab, the problem didn't show up anymore...

These amps are armed with some kind of heating protection, that cuts off the main output if it runs too hot... I had it happen at least 3 times and each time, it came back half an hour later. The power led is lit up, but no sound is coming out. Also notice the "click" when you turn up the amp as usual (when the sound comes in)... This "click" doesn't occur when the amp is too hot. I haven't noticed the fan stopping tho, maybe that's a bad sign. I suggest you drop a line to the tech support (or email them)

Latest posts

Back