Voodoo Modded Dual Rectifier vs Stock Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deweyssoss

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for all the help in my previous threads guys! Really helpful stuff!
I now have to make a choice between getting a new standard or deluxe voodoo amps modded dual rectifier three channel or a stock roadster head.

Which one would you take? I want a sweet brutal lead channel! Dont care about any cleans or cruch that much.

As you probably already know, I play music along the lines of parkway drive, etc...

Thanks,
Peace!!

Deweyssoss said:
Ok, thanks for all the help in my previous threads guys! Really helpful stuff!
I now have to make a choice between getting a new standard or deluxe voodoo amps modded dual rectifier three channel or a stock roadster head.

Which one would you take? I want a sweet brutal lead channel! Dont care about any cleans or cruch that much.

As you probably already know, I play music along the lines of parkway drive, etc...

Thanks,
Peace!!

Depends on how much the modded 3 channel is. Also would you have the opportunity to play the modded dual before you buy it? Here's the thing with the voodoo mod... each one can sound different because most of the time they will fine tune the amp to your liking. So buying a modded amp can be hit or miss because each one can sound different depending on who they tuned the amp for. I really like the voodoo standard mod and sound incredible with my 2 channel triple recto. So if you have a chance to play before you buy, you might want to give it a shot because the voodoo mod adds more mids and clarity to make the brutal tones jump out of the amp. But if you cant play before you buy just buy a roadster or find a used 2 channel triple or dual.... the 2 channel rectos are amazingly aggressive, definitely more aggressive than a stock roadster (not that the roadster is a slouch, its just the 2 channel rectos sound more aggressive).

I had this debate too considering i mostly play aggressive gain type stuff but honestly I am so pleased with deciding on the Roadster. Because no matter how BRUTAL you are, it's nice to have versatility without having to buy another head.

On my Roadster I have

Channel 1: a nice twangy clean sound for the occasional classic or folk type stuff i sometimes enjoy doing.
Channel 2: I accidently tweaked a fantastic TooL crunch sound out of it. Unreal, I'm on this channel daily now cuz it's just soo f/cking toolish and I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Channel 3: i'm mostly on this with vintage mode playing very aggressive LOG/Gojira type of stuff.
Channel 4: is my insane modern mode killswitch's type of sound that I only get to play when i'm actually in an environment capable of handling that type of loudness. =)

I love this amp. I'm able to tweak it so much better than i was the Mark IV and i'm getting more sounds that I enjoy playing.

elixir please post your ch3 settings! like to see them?

Post the Channel 2 (toolish) settings please ... along with the guitar and pickups you are using?

Latest posts

Back