VOODOO MOD is happening for me! Oh **** , what have I done!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fret-Shredder

Reaction score
My Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Series 2 Head is on the way to VOODOO Amps for a STANDARD MOD :shock: I chose the STANDARD MOD because the tone is pretty good already but from the list of changes the STANDARD offers it sounds like I will get everything I am looking for without spending the huge amount the DELUXE MOD costs. I am already CLIMBING the WALLS in anticipation to get it back. I was told that once they get it , turn around time is like 4 or 5 days :D I really like my Single Rectifier and am hoping to achieve a TIGHTER less flubby low end with more SUSTAIN for soloing with alternate picking and leggato runs and it looks like I will have that without loosing my RECTIFIER tone :lol: I wil give a full review once I git her home and have a chance to test it out. Cheers , Michael

I sent a MKI there and they just took all the bass out. i think they just changed the value of the caps. big thing is if you're not happy let them know and they should try to make you happy at there cost, to a certain point. Shipping sucks but they are pretty fast turn around. this was a couple of years ago so maybe they have changed. You might want to get on the phone with them when they get your amp to go over what you want. good luck

jamme61 said:
I sent a MKI there and they just took all the bass out. i think they just changed the value of the caps. big thing is if you're not happy let them know and they should try to make you happy at there cost, to a certain point. Shipping sucks but they are pretty fast turn around. this was a couple of years ago so maybe they have changed. You might want to get on the phone with them when they get your amp to go over what you want. good luck

:shock: Thanks , I feel so much more confident in my decision to do this. :shock:

Should have got a Mark IV :wink:

Hey, if they can get the fluidity and smoothness into the Recto, good for them. I could never do it :?

ibanez4life SZ! said:
Should have got a Mark IV :wink:

Hey, if they can get the fluidity and smoothness into the Recto, good for them. I could never do it :?

This amp is really a project amp as my main rig is my TRIAXIS / 2:90. Just trying to tighten things up a bit with the recto tone wise. The Mark IV is a sweet amp but I would put my TRIAXIS/2:90 up againt any amp in the world including the Mark IV bro. Thats how much I love it. Thanks for posting your opinion thou. :wink: By the way Ibanez4life, where is your Mark IV in your sig line? :roll:

My Mark IV is on order...I'm an unsatisfied Recto who is switching to the Mark IV.....why does Mesa take sooo **** long.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
My Mark IV is on order...I'm an unsatisfied Recto who is switching to the Mark IV.....why does Mesa take sooo **** long.

I have no doubt that the MarkIV smokes the recto. But with the Voodoo Mod I am hoping it does the trick on the low end flub and tightens it up. And gives me the sustained pick attack I am lookin for. Try and stay patient because you know it will be sooooooo worth the wait bro. Let us know when you get it. :wink:

Shipping sucks but they are pretty fast turn around. this was a couple of years ago so maybe they have changed.

We have 4 full time employees and with the exception of major holidays our turn around time is 3-5 business days throughout the year.

You might want to get on the phone with them when they get your amp to go over what you want.

We encourage players to call us prior to shipping their amp to help ensure that what we are offering will be right for them. Nothing is guaranteed or full proof but we try very hard to make sure that what we are offering is what the player is looking for. If not, we will decline to do the work.

Hope it helps
Trace

I have no doubt that the MarkIV smokes the recto.

They are two very different amps which sound as well as feel very different from one another and it seems most who love one will generally not care for the other. Much like music tone is also about personal taste (IE: to each their own as the 'ol saying goes--ha, ha).

But with the Voodoo Mod I am hoping it does the trick on the low end flub and tightens it up.

Our modifications will definitely help to reduce the flub in the low end as well as tighten up the lowend.

And gives me the sustained pick attack I am lookin for.

The mods do help the tone to track the notes better (IE: faster more articulate pick response).

I hope it helps
Trace

Will do...same to you...I'm excited to hear a first hand account with Voodoo.

I truly hope that you will find it to your liking and that it works with your playing style.

Have a great 4th of July! :)
Trace

You just need to make sure you have realistic expectations. The mod obviously won't make it into a different amp but will surely do what they say, tighten it up.

BTW It is well documented by the Mark IV afficionados that the MKIV absolutely smokes every amp in the world, even regardless of personal taste. They are a passionate bunch, I guess they never tried a Soldano. LOL! :wink:

Latest posts

Back