Volume setup for a Dual Rec Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just recently recieved a Dual Rec Roadster, and had some questions about the volume control on it. I've always heard that with tube amplifiers, they sound their best when the volume is 3/4 - maximum strength. With this head, each channel has its own master volume, as well as a single "master" output control (active when using the effects loop). So, as I can't have both the master volume for each channel and the main output volume maxed out, because it is to loud for a small show, which of the two do I crank to get maximum tone out of the tubes? Do I keep all of the individual channel volumes down and even, and crank the single output knob (the one above or below the solo knob? Or, do I crank each channels master volume, and dial back on the single output knob? Any advise would be appreciated.

Blake

The Roadster can run at 100watts which is CRAZY LOUD! If you run the channels on 50watts you will breakup faster on the tubes and be able to crank it a bit. I don't think I have ever had the volume over noon on any channel; even for recording...

Without testing myself - if you are running the loop you would want to start by turning up your channels then use the master volume to get the overall volume you want. It's been a while since I have used the loop engaged.... let your ears decide what you want to hear. Experiment, its fun anyway.

i would try to get your master knob as close to the 11:00-1:00 range(or wherever it sounds best to you)as i can without overdriving your Fx if you use them...then turn the output knob(PPIMV)as loud as you can get away with/stand it.....your amp will sound cranked(to apoint) even if it isn't.

Thanks for the advise guys. i'm heading to my practice room tomorrow night to rewire my cab so that I know I'm pushing 8ohms. Once that's done, I'll restart my quest for the holy grail of tone.

Latest posts

Back