Volume setting on 20/20

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarman52

Reaction score
this goes out to all who use the 20/20 with a tri setup......

was wondering which settings would most prefer....

Pushing the Volume on the 20/20 Power Amp.....and Keeping the Triaxis Volumes Down.... or.........

Crank the Triaxis and back off on the 20/20 Power amp.......

Reason I ask.........

when you set up a PA system...... you usually tend to Crank the Power Amps.....so as to get the most "Bang for your Buck" so to speak.....but it allows you more control (headroom) off your mixer......
Was thinkin if you apply the same principal to the 20/20 Power Amp and Triaxis setup........ would it work in the same manner......ALSO........

How would the TONE be affected (if at all) by these two settings...........

Thanks

George....

This is an amazing place to be..................... Boogie For Ever!!

I've got a TriAxis/2:Ninety getup goin on, and I prefer to hit the front of the power amp pretty hard. Then I have more available headroom as far as power goes. [not that you'd ever need that much headroom outside an arena tho!]

-dave

Thanks Dave...... yeah I just wanted to hang that one out there to get an idea on others were setting their power amps / triaxies......

I have usually run the power amp at a lower setting and pushed the preamp.....but, like I said before.... when I have run sound or setup a PA...... you usually push the hell out of the power amps....and use your board for the control over the volume....and I was wondering if the Power Amp / Triaxis setup would respond the same....and again...like I was looking for.... is there any noticeable difference in Tone......

But thanks for the reply......

George

I dont have a triaxis , but I am running a digitech gsp1101 into a 20/20.

I usually have the 20/20 volume and prescence set at just under half (about 10:30 on a clock)
that works best for me, keeps the cleans clean but is still humming enough to sound good distorted also.

then I just control stage volume with my master volume on the Gsp1101 , I have always had more than enough volume doing it this way.

I have tried the 20/20 higher and lower , but this seems to be a good sweet spot.

Back