Volume/Reverb Jump When Switching to Tweed on Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericfrape

Reaction score
Anyone else notice a huge volume jump when switching to the Tweed mode from Fat or Clean? I also find the reverb falls way off and needs to be readjusted. There is such a drastic change on both volume and reverb you need to reconfigure all settings. I know these modes aren't available to footswitch between anyway, but it's too bad you really need to pause to readjust things when moving between these modes on channel one. I'm assuming this is just the way it is but just thought I'd check to make sure there isn't anything wrong with my amp.

Jump in volume is normal I think. As for the reverb it all but go away in Tweed I don't know why but it was mentionned by others as well. In Tweed I have to cut on the presence and treble to make it rounder. Its a great mode I like it a lot. I ended it up using it in place of fat because I set the drive to give some dirt at full guitar volume and it cleans up nicely by turning it down. So I cover a lot of ground with ch.1 that way.

It's meant to be that way, as it says right in the manual. Tweed is a pushed version of channel 1. It's the same thing when switching to extreme in Ch. 3.

i chokeslam people 6 days of the week @ training :D :mrgreen: 8)

Hey Shogun, what's with the useless response "Terrible Question" - tell me, where in the manual does it mention this? I've read it several times and reread it before I posted the question here. The only mention of this type of thing is on the Extreme Mode of Channel 3: "Finally EXTREME (switch down) unleashes all the aggression and attack of this circuit for a full gain assault that cuts through any mix. (Beware, the volume jumps up when EXTREME is selected.)" (Page 2) NO mention of this anywhere re Tweed mode. Perhaps you want to take a read of the manual and enlighten me as to where I can learn more about this and I'll be happy to read. Also nothing on the reverb part of my question either. Thanks for trying to be helpful though.

Latest posts

Back