Volume boost using an Analogman Mini-Chorus pedal in loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackie59

Reaction score
I'm new to using Mesa amps so I'm asking as a newbie on this. I have an Express 5:25 and added an Analogman Mini-Chorus pedal to my effects loop. In the clean/crunch channel there is a slight volume boost when I click on the pedal. In the blues/burn channel it's quite a bit louder when I click it on. It sounds great and I'm not complaining but the difference in volume is really noticeable. Do I need to get some type of EQ pedal in the loop to offset the volume or is there something else going on that I don't know about. Thanks in advance.

From the product description...

Special BI-CHORUS Features
MIX trim pot is inside the pedal, to allow adjusting the wet/dry mix. See OPTIONS below for more info on what MIX does.

Perhaps this can be an answer to your balance issues.

NomadExpress said:
From the product description...

Special BI-CHORUS Features
MIX trim pot is inside the pedal, to allow adjusting the wet/dry mix. See OPTIONS below for more info on what MIX does.

Perhaps this can be an answer to your balance issues.
My pedal is the mini-chorus not the bi-chorus

Just to follow up, I tried running the pedal at 18v instead of 9v (from the Analogman site) and it didn't increase the volume at all in the burn channel. Pedal sounds really nice and I'm quite surprised with the tone it produces. Now if I could just get my hands on a KOT or a POT to experiment with...

blackie59 said:
I'm new to using Mesa amps so I'm asking as a newbie on this. I have an Express 5:25 and added an Analogman Mini-Chorus pedal to my effects loop. In the clean/crunch channel there is a slight volume boost when I click on the pedal. In the blues/burn channel it's quite a bit louder when I click it on. It sounds great and I'm not complaining but the difference in volume is really noticeable. Do I need to get some type of EQ pedal in the loop to offset the volume or is there something else going on that I don't know about. Thanks in advance.

For what it's worth.................
I've used an AM Mini-Chorus in the loop of my 5:50 on 18v for about 2 years and it does not produce any volume change on any channel of my amp.
Best chorus pedal I've ever heard but I've never tried it on 9v.
And according to Analogman Mike the Mini-Chorus is identical sounding to the Bi-Chorus except for the Bi-chorus having the stereo option & depth dial. :mrgreen:

Back