VINTAGE MODE WARMTH....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micah

Reaction score
Ok--I like the overtones and the lush harmonics of the Vintage mode, it could use a little more girth for my taste, but its so warm that I cant seem to get enough clarity or punch out of it. Whats the secret to this mode?? Anyone know? Heres the settings Im @ currently:
(all in oclock)
Presence: 3:15
Master: 1
Gain: 1-1:30
Bass: 12
Mids: 12
Treble: 12-1

Do I just need more poweramp in this setting to hear it? Im @ 10 oclock already-- :?: :?:

I never cared for it! On the two channel models it gets a little interesting when both presence controls become active on the red channel (when cloned to vintage)! Though, I'm always blown away when going back to modern!

I pretty much live in the Vintage mode but I use EL34's so your mileage may vary.. I put my treble around 2:30, mids around 10-11, bass around 11:30, presence at 11:30 with a high output ceramic pickup it slays with tons of clarity.

I use Red/Modern and Orange/Vintage.

My lead channel, the Vintage one, I run the presence completely off, bass noon, mids around 11, treble 1, gain 3:30, master 10:00.

Sounds awesome to me.

Platypus said:
I pretty much live in the Vintage mode but I use EL34's so your mileage may vary.. I put my treble around 2:30, mids around 10-11, bass around 11:30, presence at 11:30 with a high output ceramic pickup it slays with tons of clarity.

Hi there.

Single Rectifier 6L6 Tubes

PRS Tremonti SE
- Seymour Duncan Sh-1 NC Neck
- PRS HFS Bridge

Boss DS-2
Level - Full
Tone - 12:00
Gain - 7:30
Turbo II

And this settings sound very good to me to solo.

if your using vintage for rhythm you'll need to bring the master down to around 9;30-10:00(on mesa amps the master knob is the preamp equivalant of a poweramp so 1;00 will give the same kind of compression as a power tube at 1:00)for clarity and try using more treble and less presence.

master knob controls V5 tube the same way output controls power tubes so master all the way up has same kind of compression/sag as when output is all the way up or at least to the extent that a preamp tube is capable.

Latest posts

Back