Vintage Mesa Head help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raw_and_Vital

Reaction score
Alright, below are some pictures of a Mesa Head. I believe it might be a Mark II model but i'm not completely sure. So, i'm posting with the hopes one or some of you can help me out and tell me what I have sitting here and how much I could possibly get for it.

Thanks again.
front.jpg

backdetails2.jpg

backfinal.jpg

Alright. I talked to a fellow on this site and he thinks it is the Mark IIB...

So, that set aside. I guess i'm trying to find out a selling price for this thing...

The clean sounds good in my opinion. The only thing that was weird was trying to get distortion. Didn't sound like it was too happy with that. I had to play through a pedal to get distortion. I was told it could easily be a minor fix. But again, maybe someone could possibly help me out.

I thank you much.

about your problem with the distortion. you need to turn up the Volume 1 knob because it is actually the gain knob. I had the same problem when I got my Mark III first. Turned up the Volume 1 and got totally blown away. :D

No reverb or EQ...gonna hurt the price a little. Looks pretty clean though - I'd keep it for a while, get used to it and then give a killer demo in a private sale.

You'll probably fall in love with it anyway! But I'd say go private rather than the mighty 'Bay. People only look to pay bottom dollar én generale.

Yeah, it is pretty clean. I'm just looking to get rid of it. I had it for a few years and I have no use for it anymore. I played music for 10+ years and now i'm done with it. Selling my stuff.

I just wanted an idea in the range of what I can get for this thing since it's vintage and it okay shape...

thanks

Yeah I was the same way with my golf equipment. Played for 20+ years and sold it all. Then I wanted to play again so I bought some new golf equipment. There is no use playing golf with Vintage gear. As for your amps price between $500 and $700 would be a rough ballpark. It is Simulclass so maybe it fetches a little more.

my markIIb has some of the best distortions i've ever heard.

that's why i've never gotten rid of it.

the distortions, is what it does best.

my only issue with it ever, has been the bass control.
flabby, above 2.

but i have a graphic eq in mine, and use it to slightly dip the mids, boost the lows, to make up for the lack of bass control... then the low end is tight and right.

paid $750 brand new for my 60 watt head w/graphic eq back in 1981.

Latest posts

Back