Vintage Mark-style PCB and chassis kit

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I have built the mkiv clone, my second prototype was using relays. You might experience some popping noise when switching chanels, unless you mute the amp like the newer models during the switching.
I hope not but you may be right. I put large series resistors in place that are bypassed by the relays and fly back diodes around the coils so hopefully it’s minimal. I’ve done other switching schemes like that on different amps that weren’t audible

I hope not but you may be right. I put large series resistors in place that are bypassed by the relays and fly back diodes around the coils so hopefully it’s minimal. I’ve done other switching schemes like that on different amps that weren’t audible
I have vactrols but would go for the relay version. I have a few now, but in 10 years probably not.

The output transformers arrived today and are looking handsome.

IMG_2249.jpeg

Chassis are supposed to ship today, so hopefully I’ll have one of these up and running within the next week or two!

I believe these chassis are going to work out. Apparently the powder coat is significantly thicker than the shop said it would be, I had to clean it up a fair amount to get everything ready to build.

First step was to mount the bottom chassis mounted items and I installed the EQ board to test the fit.

IMG_2322.jpeg

I haven’t had as much time to work as I’d like but here we are

IMG_2338.jpeg

IMG_2339.jpeg

IMG_2340.jpeg

Most of my time has been spent finding parts and figuring out what I need to complete the build so it’s been slow progress. I started wiring the power amp, will hit the rest of the power stuff next and get it ready for the first test. Unfortunately I won’t be able to spend any more time on this until next week

Latest posts

Back