Vintage 12ax7 in V1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjblacksheep

Reaction score
Telefunken, RCA, Amperex, etc. What to expect? Will I be looking at microphonic problems? I currently have a Tung Sol in V1 with the rest EH. Looking at getting a vintage for V1 but worried about microphonic problems and the sound with hi gain Lead channel settings. Any opinions?

Thanks for the info. I didn't specify (too early) but I had used the Search function and was specifically asking for Mark III user's opinion as I did not find much at all in relation to this particular amp.

Going with Raytheon black plate in V1 and then move on from there. Thanks again for the links.

My Mark III sounds great w/the following:

V1 - tung-sol
V2 - tung-sol
V3 - new mesa (jj?)
V4 - whatever, it's just reverb
V5 - *balanced* tung-sol

jjblacksheep said:
Going with Raytheon black plate in V1 and then move on from there. Thanks again for the links.

Well, I have had a similar configuration in various amps through the years, just never anything NOS or vintage but I've heard enough from people that are not "corksniffers" that tried an old tube and fell in love w/ the change. I'm trying it at least in V1 and will report vs. the Tung Sol.

Latest posts

Back