VHT gutshot (LOL content)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyrexia

Reaction score
I laughed, oh, did I laugh.

vht_deliverance6.jpg

jsut the possibility of that being real brings a tear of joy to my eye.

i especially like the "lilly white @55" part.

I want to see how those pcb mounted sockets hold up when the amp is 50 years old.

:D

That is funny as hell though!

Charlie said:
I want to see how those pcb mounted sockets hold up when the amp is 50 years old.

Or how that board looks the first time some hack puts an iron to it.

HipKitty said:
stokes said:
Charlie said:

Word to that brother!

dont be a hack then, not VHT's fault some fool with no skill might solder. i've had to solder plenty of things onto circuit boards over the years and never had problems. i've also had to use many electronics built on pcb boards that were close to 30yrs old, and they were fine too.

RJ2213 said:
HipKitty said:
stokes said:

Word to that brother!

dont be a hack then, not VHT's fault some fool with no skill might solder. i've had to solder plenty of things onto circuit boards over the years and never had problems. i've also had to use many electronics built on pcb boards that were close to 30yrs old, and they were fine too.
I'm sorry,did you think I was advising some hack to have a go at it?Having been doing repairs for a good many years,I've seen too many amps on my bench for just that reason,I'm not blaming VHT for that,but just saying "dont be a hack" aint gonna keep the idiots out of there.Speaking of pcb's over 30 years old,I have to say the 30 yr olds are much tougher than the new crap most manufacturers use to save a few $$$ today,and who do we blame for that?Every body has become driven by the profit margin,just look at a '78 Boogie and one made today and you'll see.

stokes said:
RJ2213 said:
HipKitty said:
Word to that brother!

I'm sorry,did you think I was advising some hack to have a go at it?Having been doing repairs for a good many years,I've seen too many amps on my bench for just that reason,I'm not blaming VHT for that,but just saying "dont be a hack" aint gonna keep the idiots out of there.Speaking of pcb's over 30 years old,I have to say the 30 yr olds are much tougher than the new crap most manufacturers use to save a few $$$ today,and who do we blame for that?Every body has become driven by the profit margin,just look at a '78 Boogie and one made today and you'll see.

ok, let me clarify then. if youre a hack dont buy a soldering for more than tinning speaker wires. hacks+pcb=trouble no matter what.

and yes the mentality of building everything cheaper has seemed to take over the world unfortunately.

Okay then,on a different subject,this probably belongs somewhere else,but as long as he is following this thread ,I want to throw a congrats out to HipKitty, just saw the review in Premier Guitar on your distortion pedal.

Latest posts

Back