Valve Jr Extension Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishguy977

Reaction score
Anyone here ever play out of the Epiphone Valve Junior 1x12 extension cabinet with a head unit other than the Valve junior head? Just curious, because I am considering buying this cab to use for recording and small venues where I don't need to bring my 4x12 JCM 900 cab.

I had one and paired it up with my rectoverb combo. I thought it sounded really nice-I play mostly for my own personal enjoyment which means mostly at lower volumes-and I think the eminance speaker reasponds very well, not as muffled or muted as the mesa c90. Overall I call it a good value-the guy at guitar center sold it to me for 100 even though it was labeled at 120 or something like that.

Yea dude, I really like this cab too. After my last post, I have purchased this cab and hooked it up to a couple different amps. It sounded great as an extension cab for my Fender Deville. The crunch/low gain settings sounded awesome.

It was also pretty **** good my my Dual Rectifier. It wasn't so bass heavy like I get when I hook the Recto with my JCM 900 4x12. Can't beat that, especially since it is only like $100-$120 bucks (depending on where you go).

Back